Dive "count"

Suggestions? Comments? Features you'd like to see?
Jean-Francois
Dive Computer: Perdix

Dive "count"

Post by Jean-Francois »

Would it be possible, when using the smart DiveLog, to have a dive count ?
I use this feature to group dives with a certain tag (for instance I try to sort between lake and sea dives, dry suit dives and what not) and it works wonders. I just would like to have this feature so I know how many dives I made under the conditions specified in my smart dive log and not having to count them each time. It could be a number next to the name of the Dive Log (that would be awesome).

Thanks.

P.S: sorry if my explanation is not perfect.
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Re: Dive "count"

Post by nick »

Done!
Attachments
dive count
dive count
Screen Shot 2011-08-02 at 9.29.56 PM.png (15.85 KiB) Viewed 6558 times
Jean-Francois

Post by Jean-Francois »

OMG ! I love you :D

Thanks a lot
nick
Site Admin

Post by nick »

Haha :lol:

It may also be worth noting that even now, when you click on a smart divelog or on any of the built in ones, the bottom status bar will tell you the number of dives and their total bottom time. Not sure if that helps you, but the numbers here will be in the next update.
Jean-Francois

Post by Jean-Francois »

nick wrote:Haha :lol:

It may also be worth noting that even now, when you click on a smart divelog or on any of the built in ones, the bottom status bar will tell you the number of dives and their total bottom time. Not sure if that helps you, but the numbers here will be in the next update.
I did not realize that. Thanks it will help for sure.
On a side note I also realized something else just now and I don't know if it's intended or a bug. So here it is.

When entering my dive (I had to do all my previous dives manually), under the Tag field I used "Lake" and "Dry suit" to sort them later. Then I decided to sort those dive together with the smart log function using the Tag field. It worked great. Then I decided to delete those logs and doing so erased the "lake" and "dry suit" under the Tag field.

I don't know if it's intended or not.
nick
Site Admin

Post by nick »

It's not, and something else must be going on - there isn't a real relationship between those tags and the smart dive log, not in any way that would remove them.

Can you send me your MacDive.sqlite file? And point out which dives are showing this problem.
Jean-Francois

Post by Jean-Francois »

To the point of sounding stupid, I did not find the MacDive.sqlite file. I looked everywhere (well I guess I haven't otherwise I would have found it) with the search funtion and did it manually but no joy so far...

Btw I've reentered the tags for all the dives before I saw your message so I wonder if the file is still relevant. For info it did it (erasing the Lake tag on almost all the dive but 4 out of 107.)