cobalt downloads only last 4 dive

Problems ? Get help here!
wca104
Dive Computer: Cobalt

cobalt downloads only last 4 dive

Post by wca104 »

Just installed Macdive on my macbook and find that it will only accept the last 4 dives on the Cobalt. I tried unchecking "Only Download New Dives" and ended up with 8 dives. The same 4 dives in the log 2 times. Gotta believe that if I do this again I'll get the same 4 dive 3 times. Any suggestions other than unchecking download only new dives would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Re: cobalt downloads only last 4 dive

Post by nick »

Are you sure there are more than four dives on it?

Are you using the beta available from my away post?
wca104

Post by wca104 »

nick wrote:Are you sure there are more than four dives on it?

Are you using the beta available from my away post?

There are six dives on the Cobalt.

Not sure what you mean by "the beta from my away post".

In all honesty I'm just learning to navigate this forum but will look for the "away post".

Thanks for the input I hope to resolve this before heading to the Caymans in a month.
wca104

Post by wca104 »

Nick,

Found, downloaded and installed the beta. Then downloaded from the Cobalt and it picked the remaining dives. All seems to be in order at this point. Thank you very much.
wca104

Post by wca104 »

And now the Cobalt is back to being completely blank. Just a black screen. Something happened with my uploading certification. If began acting funky not letting dates in the date fields and then I was finally able to get it to start taking the input but I had to wait several seconds between each number. Then the dives that it accepted disappeared and now it is just sitting blank and black. Like a vampire so I am thinking maybe I should make sure the thing is really dead and drive a stake into or better yet through it. I guess I'm just really ticked at the whole process at this point. If I can do something to bring it back to life I'll do it if not I'll send it back to Atomic. Between MacDive and Atomic this has been a very trying experience.
:twisted:
nick
Site Admin

Post by nick »

Have you been using the most recent MacDive beta, and have you updated your Cobalt firmware as directed?

Either way - please send me an email. I'll put you in touch with Atomic. It's a fairly straightforward process to reset the unit if you have the right tool handy (T9 from memory).
wca104

Post by wca104 »

I have a call in to Atomic. If I can breathe life back into it I'll get in touch. I was really ready to drive a wooden stake into the thing I was so upset. Got past that and now ready to solve the problem. I like what I see so far with MacDive2 but am having problems. I thought I had your beta running but am not sure. Will keep you posted on my misadventures. Meanwhile I'm gonna try diving Tuesday, with or without the Cobalt.
nick
Site Admin

Post by nick »

It's just a matter of opening it and unclipping the battery then clipping it back on. If you're comfortable doing that yourself we can send you some instructions, it's a quick/easy process.

MacDive warns you to update your firmware before downloading, so if you hadn't updated you can trigger this issue. The new beta just refuses to download at all unless you've updated.
wca104

Post by wca104 »

I'll give that a try. Looks like 4 screws and a reset button on the back. As long as no springs come flying out of the thing I should be able to manage it. The fellow at Cobalt tech support is not Mac familiar. Believe his name is Jeff. So we tried using my wife's PC and got nothing there except that he started to think they had some corrupted files that they were sending out. Life just shouldn't be this complicated.

Do I need to do anything with the beta other than just open and install. I've already dropped the original MacDive into the trash and emptied it.
Did manage to the license email so that is still good.

Sorry about the delay in getting back to you, I was diving yesterday using my trusty old "Bendomatic".

Thanks for all your help. I figure we'll eventually get this figured out and I can get back to diving with the Cobalt. I like the way it works.

:D
nick
Site Admin

Post by nick »

There's no reset switch. It's probably the pressure release valve you're looking at.

You need to take those screws off, open the unit, then unclip and reclip the battery. Hit start, and it should start up shortly after that. But if you want more detailed instructions then email me, and I can send them to you and put you in touch with someone from Atomic.

If you have the right tool it's a fairly easy process. But make sure you don't lose the ball inside the pressure release valve when you open it.

Re: beta, no, just install it the usual way (drag to Applications).