Import from SDM/SDE--where are the temps going?

Problems ? Get help here!
rlmalisz
Dive Computer: Suunto

Import from SDM/SDE--where are the temps going?

Post by rlmalisz »

We're getting closer to this being a viable exodus for my sweetie and myself from being slaves to SDM (and having to run a VM to use it). This last update solves some of the tank-size/pressure problems we had before (that data wasn't being imported). It's still not perfect, but having looked first-hand at how brain-damaged the SDM export is (what you see in the SDM GUI isn't always what it dumps out in the XML files), I think getting that right may be hopeless. If we get more than half-way there automatically, I can fix the 600+ dive entries one way or another.

One thing I am seeing that puzzles me: the dives imported that were D9 dives show temperature data in the summary that makes sense. Vytec dives, though, show a reasonable "air temp", but always show "32.0" (which I suspect is coming from 0 Celsius for the water temp high and low.

The XML from one of these has the following:

<AIRTEMP>29</AIRTEMP>
<WATERTEMPMAXDEPTH>28</WATERTEMPMAXDEPTH>
<WATERTEMPATEND>28</WATERTEMPATEND>

The D9 dives have these same values, and then (of course) have per sample readings. It looks like MacDive is only populating these values in its data if the per sample readings are there. I realize it's not as useful to know what the end and at-depth water temps were, but it's a damned sight better than nothing. Is there any way MacDive could be convinced to preserve and display these readings as well?

--Richard
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Re: Import from SDM/SDE--where are the temps going?

Post by nick »

I thought I'd fixed this - I guess not.

I'll take a look at getting it fixed. Can you email me a sample file? I'll fix it, verify it works with your data, and then send you a beta to try out.
rlmalisz
Dive Computer: Suunto

Re: Import from SDM/SDE--where are the temps going?

Post by rlmalisz »

In the pipe, Nick.

--Richard