Enhancement Request - Marine Life Logger (e.g. Gear / Sites)

Suggestions? Comments? Features you'd like to see?
GlenB
Dive Computer: Sherwood Wisdom 2

Enhancement Request - Marine Life Logger (e.g. Gear / Sites)

Post by GlenB »

I would very much like to have a section where I could record the Marine life that I have encountered. This would be similar to the Gear or Sites capabilities. Search capabilities would be nice, as would the ability to share pictures - perhaps through this forum. Keep up the good work. :D
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Re: Enhancement Request - Marine Life Logger (e.g. Gear / Si

Post by nick »

Well, to address part of your suggestion, I am pondering the next "big" feature and what would be pretty nice is some online functionality. Primarily the the ability to share dive sites. This would make looking for sites much better, if someone had already added the details along with GPS coordinates and photos even. Along with ratings and comments etc, it could be quite cool.

I wasn't thinking of using the forum, more just keeping it internal to the application but having data shared via my web server. If there was enough interesting data, I would definitely consider putting a web interface on front of it too (but probably read only, at least initially). Possibly even so you could view your own dives, and potentially share them online if you wanted to.

And as for your main suggestion - I've also considered adding a section like this. But it would definitely benefit from having online capabilities, perhaps more so than sites.

At any rate, a great suggestion, but one that needs a little more planning :)