Tank working pressure not corresponding with its units

Problems ? Get help here!
riboher
Dive Computer: Cressi Cartesio

Tank working pressure not corresponding with its units

Post by riboher »

Hi there!

First of all, I''ve been using the app for a few weeks now and loving it so far, so congrats! Second, sorry in advanced if this topic has been answered before. I've been looking throughout the forum and haven't quite found anything related to it.

When logging my dives and calculate my RMV I've created two tanks in the Tanks tab under the Gases option in the sidebar. There, the Working Pressure displays the units in Bar (not sure if it has to do with the fact that I selected Metric units in the general settings) but to obtain a logic result in the RMV/SAC metrics, I have to enter 3000, which I guess is the working pressure of a standard tank in PSI.

I was assuming that if the unit says BAR, I should input a value close to 300, but that is not the case. I'm wondering if that's a bug and it should say just PSI if that's the way the app calculates those metrics.

Thanks!
Attachments
Captura de pantalla 2023-07-04 a las 9.52.04.png
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Re: Tank working pressure not corresponding with its units

Post by nick »

Working pressure is ignored if you are using metric.
riboher
Dive Computer: Cressi Cartesio

Re: Tank working pressure not corresponding with its units

Post by riboher »

Hi Nick!

Thanks for the quick reply. You're right, I just set the values at 0 and the results were the same. However, if I input some value, changes apply accordingly, so I'm assuming that they're only ignored if set to 0?

Is there any reason behind this? Why not letting the user set the working pressure in bars/psi according to their units selection?

Thanks!