Cannot import from Aqualung i770r to Mac

Problems ? Get help here!
jedesequera
Dive Computer: Shearwater Perdix 2

Cannot import from Aqualung i770r to Mac

Post by jedesequera »

Hi,

I'm trying to import dives from my Aqualung i770r to MacDive on my MacBook Pro M1, running OSX Monterey 12.5.1 and I have had no success. It just keeps "looking for a device" and has no success finding it. Doesn't give me an error either. I've been importing them on my iPhone instead and syncing to my Mac, but it would be great if I could get it working again on my Mac.

If I need to I don't mind "resetting" MacDive on my Mac, but I want to make sure it can sync all the dives back from the Phone after it resets.

Thanks for any help!
JE
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Re: Cannot import from Aqualung i770r to Mac

Post by nick »

The code is the same as iOS. Try quitting/restarting the app, or rebooting.
jedesequera

Post by jedesequera »

Have quit and retried many times... It always just has "looking for device" and then nothing.
jedesequera

Post by jedesequera »

I thought I'd discovered the issue... For some reason I have two versions of my i770r in my Gear. One was spelled "Aqualung" and the other "Aqua Lung". One was deactivated. I reactivated it thinking that might be the source of the error. But I still got the error after. I noticed though that only the "Aqualung" shows up in the left side window under "computers", even though both are activated in the Gear section. Also, the "Aqua Lung" is lists 42 dives and the "Aqualung" lists 51. But all the dives listed under the "Aqua Lung" are the same ones also listed under "Aqualung".

Is there a way to start over again by deleting the app and restoring all the data in it? Would syncing from my iphone bring back all the dives, gear, photos etc?
roneyg
Dive Computer: Quad, i770r

Post by roneyg »

Just confirming the issue, can't import i770r via BT to the desktop app.
Import to iPhone works and I have my data file on a cloud drive, so as long there is internet access the workaround is easy.
Kissnofrog
Dive Computer: Garmin Descent MK2i

Post by Kissnofrog »

The i770r is not working reliable.
After many months of trying eventually we got it to sync with the iPhone. But the data copied ist often none sense. (Like dived 70 meters deep for 2 hours. )