Suddenly crashes on both computers

Problems ? Get help here!
calmh
Dive Computer: Perdix AI

Suddenly crashes on both computers

Post by calmh »

As of today when I start MacDive it crashes, on both my stationary and laptop Macs. I reset it on one of them by removing ~/Library/Application Support/MacDive and resyncing from Cloud, and that worked for that session -- after quitting it, it crashes again on startup. Any suggestions? Backtrace as per below...

Actually, here, as the forum didn't like the full text of it: https://cdn.kastelo.net/tfi/macdive-crash.txt
calmh

Re: Suddenly crashes on both computers

Post by calmh »

So, I had previously had some trouble with smart divelogs not showing up as expected, and I noticed now that after removing the database and syncing from cloud there were no smart dive logs in the UI. Looking through the database, there were smart divelogs in the ZDIVELOGS table. I removed those and MacDive starts. Recreated them from the GUI and seems alright now...
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Post by nick »

Weird, someone else reported a similar issue yesterday. I ended up sending him a beta that worked around it so he could fix the logs.

You need to reset the cloud fully (see https://www.mac-dive.com/help/mac_04_02_reset.php). Editing the database yourself is not a good idea.
calmh

Post by calmh »

The issue came back now after syncing on the other computer. Resetting data in the cloud seems like a dangerous idea when the data I have locally causes MacDive to not be able to start.
calmh

Post by calmh »

OK, I manually dropped the ZDIVELOG table, MacDive starts. Did the sync reset, hopefully sane data pushed into the cloud. Hoping for the best.
calmh

Post by calmh »

After doing a dive and importing it with the phone app, the issue is now back on my computers with the latest version. :(