Dropbox sync issues

Problems ? Get help here!
jarold
Dive Computer: Mares Puck Pro

Dropbox sync issues

Post by jarold »

Hi Nick, you’ve previously mentioned there are syncing issues with Dropbox & I ran into them a week or so ago; my phone would sync once & then error almost immediately every time thereafter,

I disabled syncing on phone & Mac, deleted the app & data from the phone, reinstalled the app. Enabled Dropbox syncing on the Mac (& synced ) & the same on the phone & synced & it downloaded all my dives & photos - yay!,

Just back from a course with 3 dives entered on the phone, try to sync & it fails every time.

This is quite frustrating. I can’t switch to iCloud as the Apple ID used on the Mac is a shared family one & different to mine & I don’t want to have to set up a new user just for MacDive

Your help would be greatly appreciated

Kevin
WPaJim
Dive Computer: PerdexAI/Teric

Re: Dropbox sync issues

Post by WPaJim »

Hi Nick,

Let me add my voice to Kevin's hoping it doesn't get too confusing. In my case it's the iPad that's wonky, both my phone and laptop have no problem syncing to Dropbox but every time I want to sync my iPad I have to revoke dropbox permissions then enable sync again. Actually not terribly inconvenient, just an extra step. Tried both uninstalling the MacDive and Dropbox apps from the iPad, and following the Cloud Data Reset page in the Mac user guide troubleshooting.

Correction: iPhone also has the problem now. Laptop still syncing normally.

Jim
WPaJim
Dive Computer: PerdexAI/Teric

Re: Dropbox sync issues

Post by WPaJim »

The Dropbox sync issue seems to have resolved itself. Both iPad and phone working today.

Jim