Can't open certification page :(

Problems ? Get help here!
SarahMFlaherty
Dive Computer: Suunto Cobra

Can't open certification page :(

Post by SarahMFlaherty »

Hello,
I recently started using MacDive and I think it is a great program. However, I seem to have a problem. I have added all of my c-card info to the certification section, including scanned images of my c-cards. Everything looked great and once done, I quit the program and the next time I opened it, when I clicked on the certification tab, the "busy" ball came up. After about 3 minutes, a window popped up that told me it couldn't open the file MacDive.sqlite. All the other pages work fine. The only thing I think might have happened was when I added the scanned pictures of my c-cards, that I may have made the file sizes too large and somehow it's making it not work. The sad thing is, I can't seem to find how to delete the scanned files since nothing appears now in the certification page. I thought about just reinstalling the whole program but I have already put in hours of info that I will lose if I do this. Is there any other way to get the certification page running properly again without losing all of my work? Can you help?
Thank you!
Sarah
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Re: Can't open certification page :(

Post by nick »

You will need to email me your MacDive.sqlite file and I can fix it.

Unfortunately I am going away on holiday very shortly and won't have time to do anything until I'm back.
SarahMFlaherty

Post by SarahMFlaherty »

I compressed the file down but it is still over 100 MB and hotmail will not let me send an attachment that large. Is there something else I need to do to send it in an email? Thank you for your time!
nick
Site Admin

Post by nick »

Do you have access to iDisk or something like that, some place you could upload it ?

Worst case, email me, and we can do a file transfer over skype or something like that.
SarahMFlaherty

Post by SarahMFlaherty »

Thank you for the suggestion! I just got the mobile me account for iDisk and have uploaded the MacDive.sqlite file to it. Hopefully you will be able to figure out what is wrong. Thank you so much for your help :) The address for the public iDisk file is :https://public.me.com/sarahmflaherty . Let me know what you find!
nick
Site Admin

Post by nick »

Thanks, got it. I am emailing you a fixed database.