Weight does not get converted between imperial and metric

Problems ? Get help here!
_ViewPoint
Dive Computer: Suundo D9

Weight does not get converted between imperial and metric

Post by _ViewPoint »

I dive in both US and Europe and naturally log american dives in Imperial and European ones in metric. However, I noticed that the "weight" field value (on the "More" tab) does not get converted when I switch between the two.

Also, on a side note - how do I clean up a temperature value for the manually entered dives for which I don't have the temperature information? Zeroes get converted between imperial and metric and end up looking weird arbitrary numbers.

Sorry if these questions have already been asked and answered.

Great piece of software by the way :)
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Re: Weight does not get converted between imperial and metri

Post by nick »

_ViewPoint wrote:I dive in both US and Europe and naturally log american dives in Imperial and European ones in metric. However, I noticed that the "weight" field value (on the "More" tab) does not get converted when I switch between the two.
Nope - by popular demand (see I sometimes bend to it ;) ) weight isn't a number, it's a string field. So you can enter whatever you like there. Same with visibility.
Also, on a side note - how do I clean up a temperature value for the manually entered dives for which I don't have the temperature information? Zeroes get converted between imperial and metric and end up looking weird arbitrary numbers.
0 in metric will end up as 32 in imperial, which is correct. And hopefully not arbitrary! If you enter 0 in imperial, then it will be converted to the celsius value (-17.78) if you change to metric units.
_ViewPoint

Post by _ViewPoint »

Thanks for a prompt reply. I realized my mistake about the weights, it'll do just fine as a string.

While we're on it, am I the only person curous how the map in site dialog works? I assumed it should let one pick GPS coordinates right off the map, but it does it in a strangely inconsistent way - sometimes it says "Unknown" for both latitude and longitude, sometimes it picks up both and sometimes it shows me just the latitude.

Something is wrong with me and my dive sites or is it a common problem?
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Post by nick »

This is really the wrong thread, but basically you can enter whatever you like in the search box. A place, or GPS coordinates. This will set the coordinates of the site.

If you move the marker, it will update the coodinates.

If you are seeing something strange, email me your MacDive.sqlite file with explicit instructions on how to reproduce it and I will take a look.
_ViewPoint

Post by _ViewPoint »

Sorry, I should have been more specific. I was referring specifically to the flag moving thing. I move the flag and sometimes it gives me the coordinates but sometimes it doesn't, just says 'Unknown' for either one of them or both. I can start off a new thread for this topic only though, just thought it was a small thing.