MacDive on iPad

General MacDive discussion, updates, etc.
henrik
Dive Computer: Petrel + Predator

Re: MacDive on iPad

Post by henrik »

miraclemax wrote:
henrik wrote:How about supporting http://en.divelogs.de/ ? Many other software packages support it...
I think you're asking the wrong person. It would be up to that website to adapt itself to MacDive and not the other way around. But then again, maybe Nick will want to talk to them...
Ah, okay. I was under the impression that they have some sort of API that you could add support for, and as such make a function in a menu (File » Export to divelog.de).
divelogs.de

Post by divelogs.de »

miraclemax wrote:
henrik wrote:How about supporting http://en.divelogs.de/ ? Many other software packages support it...
I think you're asking the wrong person. It would be up to that website to adapt itself to MacDive and not the other way around. But then again, maybe Nick will want to talk to them...
Just stumbled upon this page, as a user pointed out MacDive to me.
There are both possibilities: I will write an import routine for the XML files, so they can easily be imported to divelogs.de
I also offer an API, that can be used from any Logbook software authors.
@Nick: If you're interested, write me an email an I will provide you with all the infos about the API. Works both ways, so you can also import data from existing divelogs.de Logbooks.

Kind regards,
Rainer
xs6615
Dive Computer: Oceanic Pro Plus 2

Post by xs6615 »

Guys, this is exactly why i was looking up this forum. I have Divelog 5.0 on my iPod Touch and love it. I am switching my home from PC to Mac and want to be able to sync with my Mac for use and mostly back up. It is great that Divelog.de has set up their end, I hope that MacDive does the same
divelogs.de

Post by divelogs.de »

Hi Guys,

Ok, the Import for MacDive2 is finished and available on divelogs.de
You can import your XML files with a few clicks, imperial and metric values are both understood, but currently displayed only in metric. I haven't found the time to show the logbooks in imperial yet, but that will follow (some day :roll: )

Have fun and let me know if things don't work as expected (use the contact form on divelogs.de please)

Thanks and regards,
Rainer
henrik
Dive Computer: Petrel + Predator

Post by henrik »

divelogs.de wrote:Hi Guys,

Ok, the Import for MacDive2 is finished and available on divelogs.de
You can import your XML files with a few clicks, imperial and metric values are both understood, but currently displayed only in metric. I haven't found the time to show the logbooks in imperial yet, but that will follow (some day :roll: )
Cool, thanks!
azchipka
Dive Computer: Geo V2 / Shearwater

Post by azchipka »

Worth noting that the application Dive Log is not a native iPad application and runs as an iphone application that can be enlarged to full screen. Very much hoping that Dive Log will be updated soon.

Currently the only log application for iPad is Dive Buddy Pro but sadly its not nearly as good as dive log nor does it support synching with anything.
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Post by nick »

Greg is working on updating DiveLog to be a universal iPad/iPhone application.
azchipka
Dive Computer: Geo V2 / Shearwater

Post by azchipka »

nick wrote:Greg is working on updating DiveLog to be a universal iPad/iPhone application.

Wooo HOooooo that would be great
Dave
Dive Computer: Shearwater Petrel

Post by Dave »

Ok ... Who has actually got the Dive Log program on an Ipad to sync to the Dive Log Manager program on the MAC.

I copied all the dives from MACDIVE to the divelog manager, no problem ...

But when I go to "enable sync" on the Dive log program on the IPAD and it does not appear on the Manager screen ... aaaaahhhh!!!

What am I doing wrong ???

Ps: what ways are there to connect the IPAD to the MAC ... I found out the Bluetooth is only for Headphones etc. is it just with the USB cable?
Do i need to purchase the license key for this to work ???
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Post by nick »

As far as I am aware, Dive Log has not yet been released for iPad.