iPhone multiuser

MacDive for iPhone. Feedback, requests, bug reports.. let us know!
ssimps
Dive Computer: Gekko

iPhone multiuser

Post by ssimps »

Hi Nick,
On the phone app is it possible to select a diver in the profile and the app to ignore other divers dives, equipment, critters, sites etc.? At the moment if I select my diver profile both mine and my wifes stats etc are displayed.

Thanks
Stu
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Re: iPhone multiuser

Post by nick »

Not currently, but it has been requested and I hope to get around to it at some point. See also my reply to your other post (which doesn't exist yet, but will in a minute..)
ssimps
Dive Computer: Gekko

Post by ssimps »

Thanks for the response! I figured it wouldn’t be an easy thing but thought I would ask! Thanks for your efforts as always making MacDive an awesome system!

Stu
larcarlewis
Dive Computer: Suunto Cobra

Post by larcarlewis »

I second the motion to be able to view just the selected profile diver's dives. Very helpful for showing a dive operator the dive log and certs on one's phone.

New user but so far think these are fantastic products.

-- Larry
LittleDJ

Post by LittleDJ »

I know this is an old thread but I’d also love to see this. Husband and I both use the same MacBook to log our dives but now all his dives are feeding through to my phone with no way to filter his from mine.

Would love to see the ability to select a diver profile and only see the dives for that diver.
tek.turtle
Dive Computer: OSTC+

Post by tek.turtle »

MacDive advertises support for OSTC dive computers. I have been waiting for months for the 2022 dive computers to be supported. Unfortunately, there has been no response to my requests so far. Now I have switched to Dive Log. There you can manage several logbooks including buddies, dive sites or equipment in one app on the iPhone.
Shadallark
Dive Computer: Mares Wrist Puck

Post by Shadallark »

tek.turtle wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 9:22 pm MacDive advertises support for OSTC dive computers. I have been waiting for months for the 2022 dive computers to be supported. Unfortunately, there has been no response to my requests so far. Now I have switched to Dive Log. There you can manage several logbooks including buddies, dive sites or equipment in one app on the iPhone.
Hey there tek.turtle;

Please stop posting off topic posts in multiple threads mentioning that you have moved to a different software package.

Have a great day everyone!

Shadallark
The MacDs
New Brunswick, Canada

Family of Mares Puck and Aqualung i300c users
Shadallark
Dive Computer: Mares Wrist Puck

Post by Shadallark »

Good day to all of you!

My partner, sons, and I all use the same MacDive version for tracking our dives. On the Mac version I have created some Smart Logs that filter based on the diver. Then, once the data has synced to our phones we can look at those Smart Logs to see only the dives related to any of us.

Not sure if that would be an option for any of you, it works great for us.

Have a fantastic day and enjoy your diving!

Shadallark
The MacDs
New Brunswick, Canada

Family of Mares Puck and Aqualung i300c users
tek.turtle
Dive Computer: OSTC+

Post by tek.turtle »

After four years the requested feature is still not available. So for me it's time to tell people that it is already there on other apps.

The intro about my personal frustration is only added to clarify that I give a hint for an other solution only because I don't expect this developer to support and upgrade the Mac Dive app in the future. So it's unfair to let people pay for discontinued software, hoping that they will see a fix soon.