The new deco info in the profile

Suggestions? Comments? Features you'd like to see?
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Re: The new deco info in the profile

Post by nick »

All good. I’ve actually already done it, I was being lazy and having a beer before emailing you though. :)

There’s a new macOS beta at the same URL I sent you yesterday, you can give it a try. Right click anywhere on the profile and choose Deco Schedule. Let me know how that suits you?

Also new dives will include the gradient factors in the deco model (eg GF 20/85). Edit: only if you were using GF of course.

Edit2: Weppos, this also fixes the problem you had where it would incorrectly mark the dives as from a Perdix AI. I've hacked that out for now, while I wait to hear back from Shearwater about the underlying cause. So if you refresh they should be correct.
Jean-Francois
Dive Computer: Perdix

Post by Jean-Francois »

nick wrote:All good. I’ve actually already done it, I was being lazy and having a beer before emailing you though. :)
Getting a beer precedes everything :mrgreen:
nick wrote:Right click anywhere on the profile and choose Deco Schedule. Let me know how that suits you?
Almost there.
The right click works fine. I still think I prefer a window like the Profile Inspector but that's being picky.
For the info displayed : here is what is displayed (I had to scroll the window to see everything so I made 2 screen shots)

Image Image

What's needed, in my opinion, is only the info from the lowest deco stop up. Again it's being a bit picky since I can scroll and find the relevant information.
In the example above, you would only show this (with the header ofc)

nick wrote:Also new dives will include the gradient factors in the deco model (eg GF 20/85)
Perfect. Thank you. One less thing to type :)
nick
Site Admin

Post by nick »

Jean-Francois wrote: What's needed, in my opinion, is only the info from the lowest deco stop up. Again it's being a bit picky since I can scroll and find the relevant information.
In the example above, you would only show this (with the header ofc)
Ok, that seems reasonable. I'll see if I can accurately determine what the start point should be. If it's just chopping off anything before the deepest stop, that's straightforward.
nick wrote:Also new dives will include the gradient factors in the deco model (eg GF 20/85)
I will also change this further tonight to make it "ZHL-16C GF 20/85".
Jean-Francois

Post by Jean-Francois »

nick wrote:If it's just chopping off anything before the deepest stop, that's straightforward.
That's exactly it.
nick wrote:I will also change this further tonight to make it "ZHL-16C GF 20/85".
That's lovely.

Thanks for all the great work.
nick
Site Admin

Post by nick »

No worries!

I'll get you another beta tonight after work. Should be pretty quick to finish these last couple things up.
nick
Site Admin

Post by nick »

Ok.. I've done that, and added TTS to the popover while I was at it. Deco Model updated so you've now got ZHL-16C GF L/H, and also VPM-B will include the conservatism value.

Uploaded to the usual spot. iOS beta uploading as well.
Jean-Francois

Post by Jean-Francois »

nick wrote:Ok.. I've done that, and added TTS to the popover while I was at it.
Tried it: the info displayed is not exactly what I was looking for. Probably because I expressed myself badly.
I don't need the TTS for each step but I wanted the "longest" TTS.
In the example below I open both windows, Deco Schedule and Profile Inspector. In the latter I placed the curser on the "longest" TTS which was 25'. It's that info I'd like to have in the Deco Schedule.
As you can see on that dive the "longest" TTS was not when the first stop started (18m at time 22:50) but later where I put the cursor (between 24:30 and 26:00). That value is the most relevant.

So as for the layout here is an example of how it could be displayed. (don't look at the formatting) And if you can add the Run Time (the same as the bottom time in the general tab of the dive inspector) that would be the cherry and the icing on the cake. Not good for my weight though :)
Both values are available elsewhere (RT general tab and TTS mouse on the profile and displayed in the Dive Inspector); I just thought that to have them both available with the deco schedule in one convenient place would make things better. So if it's a hassle to do, just forget it. Those 2 infos are available elsewhere.

nick wrote:Deco Model updated so you've now got ZHL-16C GF L/H, and also VPM-B will include the conservatism value.
It's working perfectly for ZHL. Awesome. Thank you

I feel bad for pointing out all this. You're doing a great work and I appreciate it very much. It seems I can't just shut up....

Thanks for all the work you've put into this.
nick
Site Admin

Post by nick »

A simple tweak would be to highlight the longest TTS in a different colour.
Jean-Francois

Post by Jean-Francois »

nick wrote:A simple tweak would be to highlight the longest TTS in a different colour.
On the graph ? Sure that would work; whatever is the easiest/less time consuming for you.
I even think, but it would be nice to have others' opinion, that you can get rid of the TTS on the Deco Schedule window as it's not really a relevant info.
nick
Site Admin

Post by nick »

I meant in the schedule itself, but I've done it your way. There's new fields for runtime and (max) tts below the main schedule now. However I have left the TTS column as well.

Beta uploaded for you.