New Release - MacDive 1.0.0

General MacDive discussion, updates, etc.
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Re: New Release - MacDive 1.0.0

Post by nick »

Glad you like it!
nick
Site Admin

Post by nick »

An update has been submitted to Apple to fix the Smart Log issue. I've requested an expedited review, so fingers crossed they accept the request and make it available ASAP.
nick
Site Admin

Post by nick »

I posted a new sticky, but 1.0.1 is available now. Fixes the smart log issue.
tinyhunter
Dive Computer: OC 1

Post by tinyhunter »

I had to buy immediately when it I received your email without thinking twice. I have become a big fan of the software and this closes the circle once the iPadd version / universal app is :-)

Great job!
nick
Site Admin

Post by nick »

Thanks! I really appreciate the kind words. Hopefully the initial issues have been smoothed out and it's all working well for you.

I'm sneaking in a few new features people have started asking for now :)
espenmoe
Dive Computer: Suunto Eon Steel

Post by espenmoe »

tinyhunter wrote:I had to buy immediately when it I received your email without thinking twice. I have become a big fan of the software and this closes the circle once the iPadd version / universal app is :-)

Great job!
Agree!

Universal code to run on ipad as well, would be great!
mitswerdna
Dive Computer: OCi / APECS 4

Post by mitswerdna »

So far, I love the new iPhone app. Sure, there a few little quirks which you seem to be on top of.... My big question is: will there be an update to the MacDive computer app to allow use of the "Critter" functionality on the computer?
nick
Site Admin

Post by nick »

This has been a pretty common question, and yes, this was always the plan - provided people were interested. Which it seems they are.

It's probably my favourite part of the app, actually. We wanted something new to MacDive for the iPhone, other than just the more mobile-centric features (like location tracking). So.. yes. It was introduced on the phone, you're not the first to ask, and it has always been part of the plan. :)

I have a ton of other work to do right now, including some pretty major optimisations to both the iPhone and Desktop (particularly for syncing, but also in general). I've made pretty good progress and I'm really just testing everything now, getting ready for when Apple are accepting submissions again after the holiday. Once that's all done and we have the new releases out I'll be looking at porting Critters over to the Desktop.
Foolishcfo
Dive Computer: Suunto & Cobalt

Post by Foolishcfo »

Nick,

I've entered several critters on my iPhone app. I just cloud synced and they all disappeared. Help! Eric
nick
Site Admin

Post by nick »

Hi,

Try swapping between critters/categories. Does that help, or does it appear to not work? Try force-quitting the application and restarting. Do they reappear? Are they all gone, or just one? Are you syncing between two iOS devices, or just one? A Mac as well? Could you elaborate on your setup a bit, as unfortunately it's all pretty complex and you haven't given me much to go on. Did you receive any errors or see any other odd behaviour when this happened?

You could email me the data file from any relevant devices (phones and desktop), I can take a look inside it and see what's there. If you are syncing to the desktop, we could try and retrieve the system logs before they are lost as well (Applications > Utilities >Console, filter for "macdive" without the quotes in the top right search box, then copy/paste anything that's there in to an email to support@mac-dive.com).

Sorry I can't give you anything specific.