New Release - MacDive 1.0.0

General MacDive discussion, updates, etc.
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

New Release - MacDive 1.0.0

Post by nick »

Yep, you read that right. Version 1.0.0, now for iPhone! Along with MacDive 2.5.0 with cloud syncing, hopefully this explains the lack of big updates recently :)

New Features:
  • MacDive now supports syncing with the cloud via Dropbox.
  • Added support for the Heinrichs Weikamp OSTC 2.
  • Added support for HwOS 1.92.
  • Added support for the Mares Smart Apnea.
  • Added support for the Seabear H3.
  • Read PPO2 from more Suunto devices.
  • Read PPO2 from more Mares devices.
  • Added support for some new features of UDDF.
  • Allow adding PDFs as Photos/Images.
  • Added right-click context menu option to Tag to all selected dives without overwriting existing tags.
Bug Fixes:
  • Fixed reading CNS% from a HelO2.
  • Fixed issue reading dives from an OSTC 2N with no gases configured.
  • Fix downloading from a Mares Smart in certain cases.
  • Fixed issue numbering dives from a Suunto EON Steel in some cases.
  • Fixed intermittent crash after finishing a download from an EON Steel.

I won't spoil everything here just now - the website has all the details, screenshots, and you can grab MacDive for iPhone right now from the app store: http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1062494205?mt=8

There are some pretty big updates here, so if you run in to any problems please drop me an email. I've also rewritten the user guide, hopefully it's a little nicer. The Desktop version is still in progress, there's a few things to finish off, but there's a full guide for iPhone there too. I'll be working on that as people suggest things, run in to issues, etc.

Thanks for all your patience - I know you've been wanting cloud syncing for a while. But a lot of people have been asking for an iPhone version and it didn't make sense to have one without the other.

It's early days. I expect it to grow and evolve over time based on all your excellent feedback. Please let me (actually, it's now *us*..) know what you think. There's already an update in the works with some new features and some other minor improvements. We decided enough was enough and we needed to get it out!

cheers,
-nick
Paco II
Dive Computer: Suunto D9

Re: New Release - MacDive 1.0.0

Post by Paco II »

Congrats!! This is huge!
nick
Site Admin

Post by nick »

Thanks! And yeah. Perhaps we got a little carried away..
altaskier
Dive Computer: Suunto Cobra3

Post by altaskier »

This is crazy cool! Excellent!
europaeer
Dive Computer: Shearwater

Post by europaeer »

congratulations!

however, a search with "MacDive" within the App Store on iPad with OS 9.2 leads to Dive Log only ...

I have got it never the less via your link provided by email.
nick
Site Admin

Post by nick »

Yep.. my understanding is that it takes some time for search indexes and the like to be updated. I have had this pointed out to me by many people already, over email, SMS, in person.. you name it. :)
vondo
Dive Computer: VT3

Post by vondo »

So far its a disaster for me. First, no iPad app. Apple is strongly pushing universal apps, so I can't understand why a new app that needs iOS 9 is for iPhone only.

I happily forked over $10 for this since I've gotten so much out of MacDive in the past, but after syncing everything up, I started the iOS version and was greeted with a pretty ugly start screen (a big box that said how many dives I have). I clicked on "Smart Dive logs" to see if that was any better. The app crashed immediately. And continues to crash every time I try to start it.

I'm really happy with MacDive and I hope you commit to putting the effort into making the iOS version just as useful and well polished. But this 1.0.0 release is (literally) unusable.
nick
Site Admin

Post by nick »

Hey there,

Sorry to hear you're having trouble. There's a bug we found in certain Smart Logs that causes this, I posted about it earlier in the iPhone forum. If you reinstall the app and resync it will come back to life. However you'll need to avoid the Smart Logs for now. It's already fixed and will be submitted to apple shortly.

iPad is coming. We wanted to get it out now and get some feedback rather than wait even longer.

Apologies for the inconvenience.

Thanks,
-nick
vondo
Dive Computer: VT3

Post by vondo »

Thanks. I did uninstall and reinstall and sync and was able to do most things but again it crashed when I went into smart logs. Fair enough. Will I have to do the same when the update comes or will the existing data with the new app be OK. I'm OK waiting.

As I said, if your usual responsiveness translates to the iOS app as well, I am sure in time it will be great.

Eric
nick
Site Admin

Post by nick »

The data will be fine after the update. As I said, it's already fixed and the update will be sent to Apple shortly.