Mares Icon HD will not pair

Problems ? Get help here!
jpferman
Dive Computer: Mares Icon HD

Mares Icon HD will not pair

Post by jpferman »

I have tried to pair my Mares Icon HD Dive Computer and have been unable to. I have changed the Transmitter Battery with a CR-123A Battery and still have not been successful. Any ideas? Thank you for your time and efforts
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Re: Mares Icon HD will not pair

Post by nick »

What kind of error are you receiving?
jpferman

Post by jpferman »

Every time I attempt to pair the transmitter with the wrist unit, it ends up saying "Pairing not successful". Thanks for your replying to me.
nick
Site Admin

Post by nick »

Oh - right. This isn't a MacDive issue. Unfortunately I don't have any experience with your computer. Have you tried mares customer support?

Maybe You'll get lucky and another user will see this thread, but yeah, sorry - I don't gave any suggestions here other than reading the manual or contacting mares.
joelaposta

Post by joelaposta »

When you are pairing the two for the first time after a battery change you must have the transmitter attached to your regulator and have it on a tank that is pressurized. When you go to pair it, you should hold the Icon HD right next to the transmitter, that is all there is to it. If it is still not recognized, check the battery orientation and the battery voltage, perhaps it is simply a bad new battery.

Good Luck!
DiveXperience

Post by DiveXperience »

Guess you solved the problem somehow by now, but many others still wondering how to solve it. I had problem pairing it in two occasions, hope this helps somebody:

1) First time I solved it opening the transmitter and took the battery out and put it back and it worked, first attempt paired.
Not sure if the problem was a bad contact in the battery terminals or if it makes a reset when new battery is places.
This time I had the firmware 3.03 in the computer.

2) I updated to the new firmware version 4.0 a week ago, also added a second transmitter.
I checked the "Set Dive" to see if I lost the pairing due the firmware update, but no, saw both transmitters paired.
By the time I went to dive, it didn't show the air, checked the pairing and noticed none of them were paired, tried 10 times with no luck, no way Jose.
This time, 2 transmitters can't be the same battery issue so I checked the documentation to see how to reset the computer make sure it boots clean, this worked and paired the first attempt.

Resetting the computer to factory default does not erase your settings or your logs.

To reset go to:

Settings
About Icon HD
Factory reset

While checking the net for an explanation of the pairing problem, I found this divemecrazy well done page which describes step by step how to do both things I described before, with pictures.

http://www.divemecrazy.net/how-tos/mare ... ansmitter/

To clarify, transmitter should pair the first attempt if computer is close to transmitter, if fails something is not right.
I use air integration since 7 years ago, had a Oceanic datamask and never had pairing problems, so something is still not right and Mares should do something asap, it is a expensive computer.

Regardless if this solutions make it work, we all should let Mares know about it and how disappointed we are and push them to fix it soon.
nick
Site Admin

Post by nick »

Appreciate you taking the time to post this info - thanks! I'm sure it will help somebody in the future.