Partial Downloading. Oceanic OC1

Problems ? Get help here!
Rodion
Dive Computer: Oceanic OC1

Partial Downloading. Oceanic OC1

Post by Rodion »

I have 17 dives on my computer, but MacDive show only 13 dives. I tried Oceanlog on Windows, same problem :(
MacDive
OC1
Oceanlog
TnT
Dive Computer: many

Re: Partial Downloading. Oceanic OC1

Post by TnT »

Rodion wrote:I have 17 dives on my computer, but MacDive show only 13 dives. I tried Oceanlog on Windows, same problem :(
Your dive computer has a limited amount of internal memory. Once it's full, new dives will start to overwrite older dives. The reason why your dive computer can display some more dives is because it reserves a small amount of memory to store a summary (e.g. max depth, dive time, etc) for a fixed number of dives. So while your dive computer can still show the summary, the profile data is already gone and can't be downloaded anymore.

That also explains why you get the same result in oceanlog.

The number of profiles that can be stored depends on the sample rate you have configured. A short sample rate (e.g. 1 second) will use more memory. To be able to store more dives, increase the sample rate. Or download more frequently of course :-)
libdivecomputer developer
Support the libdivecomputer project with a donation!
http://www.libdivecomputer.org/donate.html
Rodion

Post by Rodion »

TnT wrote:
Rodion wrote:I have 17 dives on my computer, but MacDive show only 13 dives. I tried Oceanlog on Windows, same problem :(
Your dive computer has a limited amount of internal memory. Once it's full, new dives will start to overwrite older dives. The reason why your dive computer can display some more dives is because it reserves a small amount of memory to store a summary (e.g. max depth, dive time, etc) for a fixed number of dives. So while your dive computer can still show the summary, the profile data is already gone and can't be downloaded anymore.

That also explains why you get the same result in oceanlog.

The number of profiles that can be stored depends on the sample rate you have configured. A short sample rate (e.g. 1 second) will use more memory. To be able to store more dives, increase the sample rate. Or download more frequently of course :-)
If I change sample rate to 15 secs, can I download my old dives? Or they are gone forever?
Thank you
TnT
Dive Computer: many

Post by TnT »

No. Changing the sample rate will only affect future dives. Overwritten dives are gone forever.
libdivecomputer developer
Support the libdivecomputer project with a donation!
http://www.libdivecomputer.org/donate.html
Rodion

Post by Rodion »

Thank you :(