Bug in tank management?

Problems ? Get help here!
Boris
Dive Computer: HW OSTC 2C

Bug in tank management?

Post by Boris »

After re-editing some dives I deleted an unused tank (in "Manage tanks and gases") - it was a tank in the middle of the list. After that all dives showed the wrong tank in the gas management tab. Can someone reproduced this? Did I do something wrong?

Boris
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Re: Bug in tank management?

Post by nick »

Unfortunately there's not much to go on here. I would need you to send me your MacDive.sqlite file before the issue, along with steps to replicate it, to see what you are meaning/describing.

When you delete a tank from Tank Management, then of course that tank no longer exists - so no dives will have it. They will likely default to "No Tank". Is that what you are seeing?

They shouldn't be getting a different tank, just the tank they have would be deleted.
Boris
Dive Computer: HW OSTC 2C

Post by Boris »

nick wrote:Unfortunately there's not much to go on here. I would need you to send me your MacDive.sqlite file before the issue, along with steps to replicate it, to see what you are meaning/describing.
I found a copy of the database before the changes, but I can't replicate the behaviour.
When you delete a tank from Tank Management, then of course that tank no longer exists - so no dives will have it. They will likely default to "No Tank". Is that what you are seeing?

They shouldn't be getting a different tank, just the tank they have would be deleted.
Yes, of course :-) In my case I had three types of tanks A (80 ft^3), B (80 ft^3; double) and C (something) und used them all in gas and tank management section. I replaced all uses of tank B by tank A, used the "Double Tank" checkbox and deleted tank B. After that some dives had tank C in the tank management. It looked like as if the tanks were referenced by an index (in this case 2) and the tank at index 2 was tanks C after my edits.

Probably I was just confused and I can't replicate it. So, just forget it.

Boris
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Post by nick »

Ok. Well if you can replicate the issue, send me your data and some steps so I can take a look!