COMPUTERS section indicated in left column

Problems ? Get help here!
europaeer
Dive Computer: Shearwater

COMPUTERS section indicated in left column

Post by europaeer »

We have got two Suunto D6i with different serial numbers of course, both are registered in the gear section (named differently) and dives are downloaded from both for two different divers into one database.

In COMPUTERS section in the left main column there is only one "Suunto D6i" displayed next to a triangle symbol. The preceding two identical Oceanic Computers which are not used any more are both displayed. Where is the second D6i or asked differently, where does the data come from for that COMPUTERS section?

Thanks!
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Re: COMPUTERS section indicated in left column

Post by nick »

It comes from the "Computer" field. If the computers are named the same one there will only be one, it's just a quick filter. Think of it as a Smart Dive Log for "Computer = Suunto D6i".

Thanks.
europaeer

Post by europaeer »

thanks, but there is no way to change its name or label, it's just the serial no which differs. Seems to be a Suunto issue.

Thank you nevertheless!
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Post by nick »

Yes, via the "Computer" field in the table, as I mentioned. However it's not a bug. It's supposed to only list one of each type. It wasn't really designed for filtering between multiple types of the same computer, it was designed for filtering between different computers that one user may have.

If you specifically want to do that, add a Smart Dive Log that uses the computer serial number. Optionally you can then hide the Computers section if it is of no use to you.

Take a read of the User Guide on Smart Dive Logs, you can construct some fairly complex queries that filter on a large amount of different things. Also take a read of "Sidebar" in the User Guide, which explains how to turn off the various sections if you don't want them or they don't quite fit what you want to do.
europaeer

Post by europaeer »

Thanks, I never had a bug in mind ;)