Multiple Divers Sync

MacDive for iPhone. Feedback, requests, bug reports.. let us know!
marciofm
Dive Computer: Suunto Zoop

Multiple Divers Sync

Post by marciofm »

Hi there...
Just started using Mac Dive for iPhone, so far it looks great except for an issue with the pictures after sync (already sent email to support).

I would like to have the option of sync only the dives that belong to one Divers.

I keep track of mine, my wife's and daughter's dives on Mac Dive on the computer. But, I would like for each of us have it's own dives on each iPhone.

Any chance of this feature be possible? Or any suggestion how I should manage it?

Thank you.

Regards,

Marcio
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Re: Multiple Divers Sync

Post by nick »

marciofm wrote:Hi there...
Just started using Mac Dive for iPhone, so far it looks great except for an issue with the pictures after sync (already sent email to support).
Hi, I already replied. The issue is just a default in MacDive. You can go to Cloud Sync > Settings and enable "Sync Photos". This is off by default. There is plenty of discussion around the forum about it, including a poll: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1964
Any chance of this feature be possible? Or any suggestion how I should manage it?
Right now, it's not really possible with the current structure. The sync does not differentiate any data. However, it's been requested, and we have a few ideas for ways to work around it.

On your end, you can always log with separate user accounts/computers to keep your data separate if you really want to cut down on the data.

We'll have something in a future update to at least only show the information for one diver at a time.
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Re: Multiple Divers Sync

Post by nick »

It would actually be nice to be able to sync a subset of data. But that complicates things somewhat, and requires a ton of work to implement properly. For now I'd rather make sure everything is running smoothly and reliably.

For what it's worth, I have a pretty major improvement to the initial (and overall) syncing speed coming. I'm hoping to get most of the work done over my xmas break, and have a new version out early next year.