Scubapro support

Problems ? Get help here!
martyc
Dive Computer: Suunto Vyper

Scubapro support

Post by martyc »

I have used your program for years (and LOVE the program) with a Suunto Vyper but am planning on moving to a Scubapro computer.
Do you support downloads from the Scubapro Aladin dive computers?

Thanks-
europaeer
Dive Computer: Shearwater

Re: Scubapro support

Post by europaeer »

martyc,

more than a year ago I had asked Scubpro about Macdive with respect to one of their quite interesting Computers. The answer was flippant and they answered only once. Hereafter, I didn't buy it.
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Post by nick »

And this is pretty much the reason there is no Scubapro/Uwatec support right now.

There are a lot of other manufacturers who are quite supportive of third parties and are keen to let their customers uses their device the way they want to.
Chris H
Dive Computer: Shearwater

Post by Chris H »

I think this is really poor on the part of Scubapro/Uwatec. It would be one thing if they were responsive with their software and actually offered a working product, but I got very tired of waiting for them to create a Mac program that would take the 500+ dives I had in DataTrak and, to my knowledge, it still hasn't happened. Thanks, Nick for creating Mac-Dive. Now I get to download into my logbook from my Shearwater Predator and I couldn't be happier about it. Running the Aladin TEC 2G in gauge mode didn't offer much more than a profile anyhow.