V.2.26 Auto Add Images->O new images found

Problems ? Get help here!
Machead
Dive Computer: Sunnto Cobra 3

V.2.26 Auto Add Images->O new images found

Post by Machead »

Have many new images to go with recent dive trip. Mac OS X 10.7.5 iPhoto v 8.1.2

What's up with that?
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Re: V.2.26 Auto Add Images->O new images found

Post by nick »

What does the Auto Add Images screen say? It explains why it couldn't add each of the images you tried to add in the bottom half of the window.
Machead
Dive Computer: Sunnto Cobra 3

Post by Machead »

it says "0 new images found" and "no valid date" on some country flag icons (it won't update the country icon) and then it crashes.

I finally fixed it I did an Applications/Utilities/DiskUlity:Disk First Aid-repair permissions for the 3rd time and then when I did File: Auto Add Images - it rescanned and found the new images.
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Post by nick »

I'm a bit lost here. I'm not sure why you are trying to auto-add country icons ?

Auto-Add images is specifically for adding photos to your dives, based on the date. It's unlikely that it would find a match unless they have appropriate EXIF info. If you want to add random images that aren't really tagged photos, you can just drag/drop them on to an individual dive.

It sounds like you had some disk issues that are resolved, but maybe it's not clear what auto-add is for. It is only useful for bulk adding photos to dives, where the times will match (unless you use the time adjustment boxes). Anything else it's just not going to do anything, you'd need to add them manually. And you can't change the country flags, MacDive has a full list built in. If you are missing a specific country, then let me know so I can get it added.

Hope that helps. If not, let me know.