Countries

Problems ? Get help here!
wjgeorge
Dive Computer: Suunto Vyper Air

Countries

Post by wjgeorge »

Nick,

I have downloaded a bunch of dives, all of which took place in the Cayman Islands. On the left side of the MacDive screen under the countries heading, Cayman Islands is shown twice, with some dives allocated the first Cayman Islands "country" and some to the second Cayman Islands "country". How can I get them all into one "country" and delete the other?

Jason
bvanant
Dive Computer: Suunto Cobra and D9

Re: Countries

Post by bvanant »

One way to do it is to rename one of them slightly (I had USA and U.S.A.) and them select all the dives from the one you want to delete and change the site on them. After you do that, the incorrect country should have 0 dives then just delete it.
Bill
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Post by nick »

As above, that will resolve it. The most likely issue is there is a trailing whitespace at the end of one (MacDive doesn't deal with this currently).
wjgeorge

Post by wjgeorge »

Ah, the offending trailing white space has now been removed. I did it manually by going into the dive sites are moving the space and now all dives are now under one "Cayman Islands" country. How do I delete the other "Cayman Islands" country that now has no dives associated with it?

Jason
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Post by nick »

Go to sites and delete any sites that have it associated. As above, you'll see they have zero dives. The list view might be easier.

In the thumbnail view, you can click the X in the top right corner for any sites belonging to that country. In the list view, select them all and choose File -> Delete Items, or command + delete.
wjgeorge

Post by wjgeorge »

Perfect, thanks.