"Download Last" does not work

Problems ? Get help here!
feynman
Dive Computer: OSTC3 / Suunto D6

"Download Last" does not work

Post by feynman »

Hi,

I have a Suunto D6 and use the latest version (2.1.5) of MacDive. If I understand the "Download last" function right, it should only download logs with a younger date than the logs that have been downloaded before. Whenever I use the "Download last" function it downloads all dives again and I have to delete the old ones manually. Is that a bug or am I doing/understanding something wrong?

Any help is appreciated!

/Andreas
P.S.: MacDive is a fantastic piece of software, it really wants to make me log my dives!
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Re: "Download Last" does not work

Post by nick »

Mostly right - it's not entirely based on date, though. Basically it will download until it sees a dive it has already seen. This causes problems if, for example, you delete or merge the latest dive - it will then re-download it. But otherwise it should work correctly.

If you could email me your MacDive.sqlite data file, and also run the test instructions from here:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=407

I'll take a look and see what is going on.
feynman

Post by feynman »

Hi,

thanks for the prompt reply! I sent you the files that you have requested. I used the D9 test script for my D6.

Just to clarify what happens to me: My last dive was 08/25/2012. If I do a "Download last" it imports 81 dives that are all older than that and either already imported or deleted.

cheers,
Andreas
nick
Site Admin

Post by nick »

I think I might know what the problem is.

I just loaded up your data file and memory dump, and no new dives were found - everything works as expected. I think what is happening is that you have the download option "All Dives" set. Selecting "Download Last" from the menu does not download only new dives, it downloads whatever you last had set.

So you need to go File -> Download, and change the option from "All Dives" to "Only new dives". That will download only the new dives. Subsequently, Download Last will reuse those options and just download the new dives. Does that make sense?

Download Last is just a convenience shortcut to re-use the last settings you had.
feynman

Post by feynman »

Hi Nick!

that helped! I was looking in the general preferences for those kind of settings before. As I always used the "download last" function I did not see those options/settings!

Thanks so much for your help :!:
/Andreas
AH_Matt
Dive Computer: Suuntu Zoop

Post by AH_Matt »

Fixed it for me too, thanks!~
nick
Site Admin

Post by nick »

Maybe this isn't named very well, I totally see why you would expect that to be the case!

It was really just there as a shortcut so you didn't have to go through the full panel all the time. At least for me, I'm "downloading" very regularly testing stuff so it's much easier to hit Cmd+L than keep doing the full thing.