Zeagle N2Ition 3 (And other Seikos)

General MacDive discussion, updates, etc.
Goshdarnit
Dive Computer: Zeagle N2ition

Zeagle N2Ition 3 (And other Seikos)

Post by Goshdarnit »

Hi there,

I own a Zeagle N2ition 3 dive computer. It's a great dive computer, but the software is nonexistent. I bought the connector kit in the hopes I would find some way to make it work, but it's been a flop. I believe that TnT has added the Zeagle to the libdc project, which I believe is used by MacDive. So to my question. Any plans to incorporate support for the Seiko computers in MacDive? It's a great program, and with sync support to DiveLog on iPad and iPhone, it's perfect for my needs. Except that my dive computer isn't supported. I think enough work has been done by third parties now to make the protocols available, but can't find any software for Mac which supports it. There is one for Windows, but none for Mac. I'd love to be able to use all the features that should be available to me, and it's a huge shame that Seiko have handled the whole issue so badly.
TnT
Dive Computer: many

Re: Zeagle N2Ition 3 (And other Seikos)

Post by TnT »

The main problem with the Seiko's is that they require patching the Prolific driver to make it recognize the cable. For non-technical people the procedure might be a little bit complex. Have you already tried it?

I don't know why macdive doesn't support the Seiko's. I thought it did.
libdivecomputer developer
Support the libdivecomputer project with a donation!
http://www.libdivecomputer.org/donate.html
Goshdarnit
Dive Computer: Zeagle N2ition

Post by Goshdarnit »

I haven't actually tried it yet. Just from reading the MacDive site it lists supported dive computers and when the Zeagle wasn't on the list I just assumed that meant it was not worth installing the prolific driver. However, if you think it may actually work then I'll give it a go. I'm actually away for a few weeks now, then I'm getting married, so I'll try it out after I get all of that out of the way! I know from past experience how much time these sorts of projects can eat up, and at the moment time is not something I have a lot of! ;)
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Post by nick »

It won't work in MacDive currently. There is no code included to read these devices.

The primary reason is that the driver requires modification, and I haven't had any success in getting people to do this. If I added support for the devices then I'm asking users to make very specific modifications that even technically-minded people have been struggling with. It isn't feasible until we have a better solution to this. I don't have any hardware to test so it is difficult to ensure that things would work correctly.

There is a test application you can use, and you can see if you can get that working with the modified driver. That would be a good start?
Jeff721

Post by Jeff721 »

Good day all!

I'd like to know if there was any progress regarding the compatibility issue between the Zeagle N2iTioN3 and MacDive 2? A friend of mine would like to purchase a good software on his Mac for loggin all his dives. I recommended him to use MacDive but I just found out that MacDive is not compatible with the Zeagle computer.

Was there any testing done in regards with the test application?

Thanks!

Jeff
Daley
Dive Computer: mac

Post by Daley »

I didn't try it now, so can't say anything about it.
nyscubadiver
Dive Computer: Zeagle N2ition 3

Post by nyscubadiver »

I have the Prolific driver altered and installed properly, however, the mac dive program won't see the Zeagle n2ition 3. As far as my knowledge,
they haven't supported this device yet. As far as me, I am anxiously awaiting to purchase the program, but just waiting for the capability.
nyscubadiver

Post by nyscubadiver »

BTW, I thought I saw what I thought was TNT reply on Scubaboard to a post that he got Zeagle n2ition 3 working for some programs, so maybe it is forthcoming? Maybe he may know more.
TnT
Dive Computer: many

Post by TnT »

Did you try the test application already? Did it work?

In case you didn't try yet, the instructions and download links are in this topic: http://www.mac-dive.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=407
libdivecomputer developer
Support the libdivecomputer project with a donation!
http://www.libdivecomputer.org/donate.html
nyscubadiver

Post by nyscubadiver »

I had successfully downloaded the data in the past and emailed it to you. I know you were planning on puttiing the functionality into the Mac dive program. If you need me to redownload and send, jut let me know. M this is the link on scubaboard where we were chatting about it. http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/zeagle ... re-18.html