Import error - failed to read header information...??

Problems ? Get help here!
henrikhedegaard
Dive Computer: Suunto Stinger

Import error - failed to read header information...??

Post by henrikhedegaard »

Hi,

I'm starting to get this message every time I import dive logs from my Suunto Stinger:

Import Error
Failed to read header information (Error Code: -5)

Anyone, got a direction as to what this might be?
Attachments
Error message on import
Error message on import
henrikhedegaard

Re: Import error - failed to read header information...??

And the battery indication is completely full... The computer is only 6 months old.
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Post by nick »

Is it in transfer mode?
henrikhedegaard

nick wrote:Is it in transfer mode?
Yup, the screen says both "TR-PC" and "ACW"... Strange.

Why does MacDive say "Error Code: -5", i.e. what is the cause? No connection to the computer or something else?

/H
nick
Site Admin

Post by nick »

It varies. Low battery, not in transfer mode, bad connection, dirty contacts, faulty cable etc.

Maybe the connection isn't good? Try jiggling the cable around a bit and making sure it is a solid connection. I've used a mosquito before, and it could sometimes be tricky to get it connected just right. Even my D9 has that issue sometimes. Especially when the battery is low. I recently had an issue where it started failing to connect reliably, and the unexpectedly died. After a battery change it is behaving correctly again.

I also understand from other posts that you are running Lion - this is not officially supported, given that it is not out and is still under NDA, so you may be running in to other issues.
henrikhedegaard

nick wrote:It varies. Low battery, not in transfer mode, bad connection, dirty contacts, faulty cable etc.

Maybe the connection isn't good? Try jiggling the cable around a bit and making sure it is a solid connection. I've used a mosquito before, and it could sometimes be tricky to get it connected just right. Even my D9 has that issue sometimes. Especially when the battery is low. I recently had an issue where it started failing to connect reliably, and the unexpectedly died. After a battery change it is behaving correctly again.

I also understand from other posts that you are running Lion - this is not officially supported, given that it is not out and is still under NDA, so you may be running in to other issues.
Yes, perhaps it's Lion that is the challenge... I'll test it on my other mac later when I get home.
Malac
Dive Computer: Suunto Zoop

Post by Malac »

Hi, Since Ive moved to Lion im getting the same error when trying to download my dives from my Suunto Zoop, any help would be great.
nick
Site Admin

Post by nick »

Try reinstalling the driver. Make sure it's in transfer mode, not low battery, etc. Ensure you have a good connection.

My D9 was fine on SL and after upgrading to Lion without requiring a driver reinstall, so I haven't noticed any real problems myself. Could just be an intermittent/random error and worth trying again.

You don't specify what kind of cable you have, but there was talk of people with the smart interface cable using a different driver which seemed to help - do a search on the forum.
Malac

Post by Malac »

I'll try again, Ive tried installing all drivers though. Perhaps my cable is faulty as Its not been used for about 4-5months
Malac

Post by Malac »

*pace palm*

my fault didn't have have the Zoop in the correct mode, I had the PC SET on view but not selected!