Site/location/country pulldown--any way to clean out junk?

General MacDive discussion, updates, etc.
rlmalisz
Dive Computer: Suunto

Site/location/country pulldown--any way to clean out junk?

Post by rlmalisz »

SDM doesn't have a "country" field, so all of my dives imported into MacDive with "Unknown Country". I have gone back and cleaned this up (by hand--not a lot of fun for 700 dives, if I ever had to do this again, SDM's XML files will meet Mr Perl first!), but now have all of the "Unknown Country" + Location + Site "keys" as residue in the pulldown. I am guessing these are actual keys in SQLite, and it wouldn't be terribly hard to run a query that finds ones that are now unused and delete them, but my brain is full for today. I guess this could be considered a feature request--if nothing else, it would make it possible to get typos (which later get corrected) out of the pulldown.

--Richard
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Re: Site/location/country pulldown--any way to clean out jun

Post by nick »

Go to Sites and delete the ones you don't want. The list view will make bulk deleting
Easier.
rlmalisz

Post by rlmalisz »

nick wrote:Go to Sites and delete the ones you don't want. The list view will make bulk deleting
Easier.
So the "Unknown Country" entries only show up in list view. I can select the ones I'd like to delete, but can find no way to delete them. "Delete" is greyed out in the Edit menu. Hitting the "delete" key (either) just gets me beeps. Is there a secret handshake to enable deletion in list view for Sites?

--Richard
findbenjamin
Dive Computer: Suunto Gekko

Post by findbenjamin »

AFAIK, Unknown Location > Unknown Country > Unknown Site is the generic "Placeholder" location for all imported dives (until you update it). My thoughts would be that this therefore can't be deleted. You can however, update your dives with a location other than "unknown" and that will move to 0 the number of dives at Unknown Location.

Personally, I use unknown location to make sure all my dives have been properly geo-tagged.

HTH,

B.
rlmalisz

Post by rlmalisz »

rlmalisz wrote:
nick wrote:Go to Sites and delete the ones you don't want. The list view will make bulk deleting
Easier.
So the "Unknown Country" entries only show up in list view. I can select the ones I'd like to delete, but can find no way to delete them. "Delete" is greyed out in the Edit menu. Hitting the "delete" key (either) just gets me beeps. Is there a secret handshake to enable deletion in list view for Sites?

--Richard
I take it back--the Unknown Country guys all show up at the top in tile view, and I was able to delete them, onesies. But still could find no way to delete site(s) in list view.

--Richard
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Post by nick »

Command + Delete should do it.