Suunto mosquito

Problems ? Get help here!
dastley3
Dive Computer: suunto mosquito

Suunto mosquito

Post by dastley3 »

Hi if some one could help me, that would be great!
I have a Imac OS X running snow leopard with 3.2ghz intel Core i3
I have a suunto mosquito dive computer using a official suunto lead connected to a usb lead to connect to Imac, I think I have down loaded the appropriate drivers for the leads I am using but still I get a error when trying to download dives " import error, Could not detect a valid serial port"

Regards Dean
gregm
Dive Computer: D9

Re: Suunto mosquito

Post by gregm »

You should have the drivers that you can download from this link:

http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/VCP.htm

you want the diver listed for Mac OS X, x64 (64 bit).

you can also double check that your Suunto cable is being detected by your Mac (I had a bad Suunto cable originally and had to get it replaced) by clicking on the "About this Mac" menu item under the Apple logo and then clicking the "More Info" button in the window that appears, finally click on the "USB" item under hardware in the sidebar of the window that appears and make sure that one of the listed items is:

"USB Bus"
"Suunto Sports Instrument"

Make sure that when you attached your Mosquito that it says that it is in "PC-Transfer" mode (on the screen of the dive computer). This should happen automatically when you plug your cable in to your dive computer. If it does not, or switches in and out of transfer mode that might point to a bad cable (the driver should not affect this).

Finally, try opening Settings on your Mac and then clicking "Network" while the cable is plugged in. It will most likely popup a dialog asking you to configure the new device as a network (you don't need to, but that will confirm that the driver is loaded) unless you have already done this previously (then you'll see it listed as a network device).

I'm no expert in making this work, but maybe one of these items will give you a place to look further.

Cheers,

Greg
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Re: Suunto mosquito

Post by nick »

You need to manually set transfer mode on the mosquito. See your manual for instructions. Otherwise follow what Greg has said.