Dive start times.

Problems ? Get help here!
Dave
Dive Computer: Shearwater Petrel

Dive start times.

Post by Dave »

Hi Nick. Is there a way to stop MAC DIVE adjusting the times of the dives to the different time zones I am in ???

example: I dove in my local quarry in Georgia, USA at 09:52 EDT, but when i come back to Belize (We never change DST, we are on the same time as MDT at the moment, 2 hours behind EDT), MAC DIVE adjusts all the times in the log to the current time zone (as per the MACbook clock settings) so it now reads 07:52 MDT.
hellsbells
Dive Computer: D4

Re: Dive start times.

Post by hellsbells »

Dave wrote:Hi Nick. Is there a way to stop MAC DIVE adjusting the times of the dives to the different time zones I am in ???

example: I dove in my local quarry in Georgia, USA at 09:52 EDT, but when i come back to Belize (We never change DST, we are on the same time as MDT at the moment, 2 hours behind EDT), MAC DIVE adjusts all the times in the log to the current time zone (as per the MACbook clock settings) so it now reads 07:52 MDT.
Doesn't it depends on the time you have your Computer set to?

I've just dived in Egypt, and set my Suunto D4 to local Egypt time. When I downloaded all my dives into MacDive, all the times are the correct Egyptian times that i dived, not the equivalent UK times.

(Or have I got the wrong end of the stick?)

HB
Dave

Post by Dave »

Hi HB.

What I mean is ... I dive in a quarry in White, Georgia, USA in EDT (The time is correct in that Eastern Daylight Time on MACDIVE and is saved). As I fly back to Belize for work, (we are on MDT (Mountain Daylight Time) and so are 2 hours behind). As I adjust the clock on my MAC to the right time zone for Belize, it adjusts the times on my MacDive to the current time zone I have set. Therefore a dive at 09:52 EDT now reads 07:52 MDT.

Does this make any sense?

What I am hoping for it to do is not adjust.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Just saw this thread which answers my question.

http://www.mac-dive.com/forum/viewtopic ... 1678#p1678