Oceanic VT3 => MacDive in iPad Pro 11" (import UDDF)

Problems ? Get help here!
Schoentje
Dive Computer: Oceanic VT3

Oceanic VT3 => MacDive in iPad Pro 11" (import UDDF)

Post by Schoentje »

Hi,

Next to my AppleWatch Ultra with Oceanic+ i'm still using my old Oceanic VT3 (air integrated) as prime for importing data into MacDive. But on my next trip to Egypte (backpack combi trip old stones - Live a Board) I don't take with my MacBook Pro, as we will travel as light as possible because of our combi trip.

Because of this, I'm looking for an option to directly import data from my Oceanic VT3 into MacDive on my iPad Pro 11" or iPhone 15 Pro. By use of an adapter, I can connect the USB-A cable of my Oceanic VT3 to the USB-C port on my iPad and iPhone but need a tool on my iPad/iPhone that is willing to communicate with my VT3?

Does anybody of you have thoughts about a solution?

The alternative could be to use the data from my AppleWatch Ultra (would miss my Air info because their is no Air Integration yet) by use of the tool "DiveConverter" (available for iOS, iPadOS and macOS) and import them into MacDive on my iPad/iPhone but MacDive is only able to export UDDF but not import UDDF?

By use of the MacDive app on my MacBook Pro all the above is no problem....

Anybody any idea how to solve this?

Cheers,
Twan
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Re: Oceanic VT3 => MacDive in iPad Pro 11" (import UDDF)

Post by nick »

You can import uddf in both iOS and macOS.
Schoentje
Dive Computer: Oceanic VT3

Re: Oceanic VT3 => MacDive in iPad Pro 11" (import UDDF)

Post by Schoentje »

Hi Nick,

Thanks for you response.

I found the option to import uddf in both iOS and macOS in your manual. Sorry, was too fast asking the question.

The only left question is now: is there an option to directly import data from my Oceanic VT3 into MacDive on my iPad Pro 11" or iPhone 15 Pro. It is physically no problem to connect the VT3 to my iPad via USB, but is there an option to access the data on the VT3? In the past there was DCBuddy but can't find a unit for sale?

Cheers,
Twan