Best Practices for Multiple Divers

General MacDive discussion, updates, etc.
marcusdoshi
Dive Computer: Perdix

Best Practices for Multiple Divers

Post by marcusdoshi »

My kids have started diving and I'd like them to log their dives in MacDive. For the time being, it would need to be on my laptop. I know that the desktop app gives the option to have multiple divers, but I want to start doing this in a way that will allow them to migrate their logs to their own machines when they get a bit older. So, to me, that means creating standalone databases for each person. Is that possible on a single machine? What are folks doing with similar situations? TIA!

[Also, has anyone heard from Nick? I emailed a bit ago and haven't heard anything which is atypical.]
Shadallark
Dive Computer: Mares Wrist Puck

Re: Best Practices for Multiple Divers

Post by Shadallark »

Good day to you marcusdoshi!

Our kids have been diving for a few years now. We all track our dives in the same version of MacDive as different divers. My intention when they want to start having their own dive logs and do not just want to keep syncing them through DropBox is to have them sync over our full dive history for all the divers, then switch to syncing with their own system (their own iCloud or DropBox) and remove the dives and divers they do not want anymore. I have not tested this to confirm it would work the way I expect it to as we still have a year or two of the kids being at home.

[I am also quite worried about Nick as I have not heard from him in multiple months, even after e-mailing him.]

Shadallark
The MacDs
New Brunswick, Canada

Family of Mares Puck and Aqualung i300c users
mattmct5
Dive Computer: Suunto D6

Re: Best Practices for Multiple Divers

Post by mattmct5 »

Thanks these practices are helpful
check out this digital marketing agency in Kolkata, Rank U UP.