Back to diving post-covid and MacDive Issues

Problems ? Get help here!
blanik
Dive Computer: Cressi Leonardo

Back to diving post-covid and MacDive Issues

Post by blanik »

Hi everyone, i'm back to more regular diving after the covid hiatus and my logbook was lost last winter by the airline after searching my scuba luggage (wtf is wrong with airport security, one would think that they would be trained to recognize scuba gear through x-rays 🙄), long story short i got it 2 days after my arrival in Mexico and my logbook was missing (with other non important stuff like a french book and a small bottle of mouthwash...) Good thing I had MacDive iPhone app, the dive center took it at face value, same thing this winter i forgot my PADI card home but i had it in MacDive and they took it no problem, so i decided to use MacDive as my main logbook for good (i keep it permanently backed up in iCloud) and i'm in the process of tidying it up, putting images including photos of my remaining logbooks pages in each dive with the stamps and everything else pertinent to a logbook so opening MacDive after a while i noticed some stuff i couldn't find answers here...

Where's my sac rate? I used to have the SAC rate available as a curve but it's been replaced with RMV
PPO2 only appears after my 2017 dives... is it taken from my dive computer? Apparently so if i look at the data from the samples, why aren't they there before 2018? I haven't updated my Leonardo's firmware... I thought about reloading those older dives to see if PPO2 data was there but my dive computer erased them over to write the new dives :-/

Would be nice to finally solve the greyed out Country, Location and SAC columns and make it so we can click anywhere on a dive to select it without opening the Country and Locations submenus or changing the ratings if we inadvertently click on the ratings...

Good to be back, i love MacDive even with those quirks
mfupi
Dive Computer: Oceanic VT 4.0

Re: Back to diving post-covid and MacDive Issues

Post by mfupi »

blanik wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 7:27 am (wtf is wrong with airport security, one would think that they would be trained to recognize scuba gear through x-rays 🙄),

Yeah, agreed -- in Guam there are new, fancy machines that give 3D imagry of carry-on items. Like a CT machine for luggage, sort of. No need to take out your laptop either. So the needle will move eventually as TSA upgrades.
blanik wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 7:27 am Where's my sac rate?
There's a column for it in the All Dives tab. Control + click the menu bar to add/remove columns, or activate the column in Settings --> Columns.