Import site data from older versions

Problems ? Get help here!
kamarx
Dive Computer: Oceanic Veo 3

Import site data from older versions

Post by kamarx »

Hi there,

I have some dives from 2010 in which I had entered all the dive site info into the Mac I had then but don't have that computer anymore. I still have the dives in my Veo but when importing the dives into my new Mac the dive site info, etc obviously doesn't import. I do have some sketchy backups from back then but don't know where the info is embedded, and can't open the old versions in the new OS. Can you point me to the file that has that info?

I hope that makes sense. thanks!

Kerry
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Re: Import site data from older versions

Post by nick »

There's no separate file containing sites. You would need to restore the original MacDive.sqlite data file and extract them. However, you need to be careful - do not mess with that file if you have cloud syncing enabled. You would first need to disable syncing, then restore it and export the sites, then restore the correct one before enabling syncing again. Finally you can import the sites.
kamarx
Dive Computer: Oceanic Veo 3

Post by kamarx »

Thanks, Nick! I'll try it when I get home.
baincec@gmail.com

Post by baincec@gmail.com »

nick wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 4:00 am There's no separate file containing sites. You would need to restore the original MacDive.sqlite data file and extract them. However, you need to be careful - do not mess with that file if you have cloud syncing enabled. You would first need to disable syncing, then restore it and export the sites, then restore the correct one before enabling syncing again. Finally you can import the sites.
How do you restore the SQLite data file?