Not Printing after 2.15.0 update

Problems ? Get help here!
mkwiatko
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Not Printing after 2.15.0 update

Post by mkwiatko »

I highlight 2 dives, select Print..., and the box at the bottom says "Exported 2 Dives to PDF" and displays the four pages in Print Preview. When I click on the Print button to the left of this message, the button gets darker, but nothing prints.
MacDive 2.15.0
2021 M1 Mac Mini running Mac OS 12.0.1
nick
Site Admin

Re: Not Printing after 2.15.0 update

Post by nick »

Can you try quitting/restarting, and also rebooting?

Nothing has changed here in many years. Basically that button just invokes the system print function, it doesn't really do much, and seems to work fine on my machine here. I had another user report a similar problem a couple of weeks ago (before 2.15.0) where it worked fine on her husbands computer but not hers. She rebooted and then it worked again.

I have no idea what's up. I don't think it's 2.15.0 related, more likely macOS related, but I can't replicate it myself and there's not really anything to debug (it's really just.. print). Odd that two people have run in to a similar problem though.

You can also just export the dives as a PDF and then load that in Preview as a potential workaround.
mkwiatko

Post by mkwiatko »

First reboot didn't fix it, but the second one did. Works fine now. I'm not impressed with Monterey so far, too many little bugs.
As a PSA: If there are any old school people still printing pages for their logbook, there is a MacOS app called "Create Booklet" that lets you format the MacDive letter size PDFs into nice two sided pages that fit in the proper order in a logbook. Been using it for years - still works with Monterey!
alan
Dive Computer: Garmin Mk2i

Post by alan »

I'm having the same problem. I click Print (or Print Summary) and nothing happens; it used to freeze, at least it doesn't do that anymore. I rebooted several times with the same outcome. Has anyone found a solution other than rebooting?
I'm running version 12.15.0 on a mid 2011 Mac Mini using High Sierra, 10.13.6 (I know, overdue for an upgrade)