Place to enter gradient factors

Suggestions? Comments? Features you'd like to see?
richiewrt
Dive Computer: Petrel 2

Place to enter gradient factors

Post by richiewrt »

I am getting ready to start doing decompression diving, and I use GF and plan to adjust GF depending on the dive. Is see where the deco algorithm is pulled in from the dive computer, is there a place where it pulls in the set GF's? If not is there a chance of getting that field added in a future update? Is that data even downloadable from the computer?
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Re: Place to enter gradient factors

Post by nick »

Some computers provide this. I will look at adding them in a future update, it requires a database change so will have to wait for a number of other things first.
Jean-Francois
Dive Computer: Perdix

Post by Jean-Francois »

richiewrt wrote:I am getting ready to start doing decompression diving, and I use GF and plan to adjust GF depending on the dive. Is see where the deco algorithm is pulled in from the dive computer, is there a place where it pulls in the set GF's? If not is there a chance of getting that field added in a future update? Is that data even downloadable from the computer?
Good idea. In the meantime you can use this work around :

Open the dive inspector, under the General tab you have a field called Decompression Algorithm.
Choose the appropriate decompression algorithm and add the appropriate value.

For example : ZHL-L16-GF (which you get from the drop down menu) 80/80 (your value for the low GF and the high GF) you can even add OC or CC.
Typically my Decompression Algorithm field looks like this : ZHL-L16-GF CC xx/xx
Bollar
Dive Computer: Shearwater Perdix AI

Post by Bollar »

A +1 for this. I currently enter the text manually like ZHL-16C GF 40/85. If I could just have one of my prior selections remembered as a dropdown, that would be fine with me.
nick
Site Admin

Post by nick »

If you are using a Shearwater as your info suggests, then this has been the case for quite some time already (the deco model will be populated with the GF's). The next release has separate fields for them as well.
Bollar
Dive Computer: Shearwater Perdix AI

Post by Bollar »

nick wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 7:26 am If you are using a Shearwater as your info suggests, then this has been the case for quite some time already (the deco model will be populated with the GF's). The next release has separate fields for them as well.
Yes & thanks.

I also have a Suunto Eon Steel with the Buhlmann upgrade. I can set the gradient factors manually on the computer, but it uploads as just "Buhlmann."

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dpp84rcqmt1nt ... M.png?dl=0
Jimbo-77

Post by Jimbo-77 »

Hi,

I'm a long timer MacDive user with my Suunto Zoom and Zoom Novo. I just bought a Shearwater Teric, it's would be great if we could have the gradient factor and surface gradient factor.
But I don't know if these informations are present in the data or should be calculated.

Jim
nick
Site Admin

Post by nick »

They are already included in the deco algorithm info, but will be available as separate values in a future update.