iOS MacDive crashing on startup

MacDive for iPhone. Feedback, requests, bug reports.. let us know!
eliotf
Dive Computer: D9tx

iOS MacDive crashing on startup

Post by eliotf »

Hi,
Is anyone having this problem?

I have the latest MacDive desktop software and the latest iOS app. Upon first opening the iOS app and turning on the syncing option it syncs all the dives. Then if I quit out of the iOS app and reopen it, it crashes. I delete the app from my phone and reinstall and the same thing happens again.

Any thoughts?

- eliot
Wish I was diving.
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Re: iOS MacDive crashing on startup

Post by nick »

Are you able to provide the crash report? Also sending through your MacDive.sqlite file from the phone would be great. I can investigate. I have not had any other reports of problems.

Thanks
eliotf

Post by eliotf »

I don't know how to get a crash report from my iPhone. It just quits.

I just tried to reset everything. I went to the desktop app and reset the cloud data. I went into drop box and deleted all the macdive files. I deleted the app from my phone. Then I turned on the syncing on the desktop app and watched it rewrite all the files to dropbox. Then I re-downloaded the iOS app and turned on the syncing.

The iOS app opens up fine on the first try. I can go through and see everything. Then I hit the home button to close the app and reopen it and crash. I force quit it and it still crashes.

Very bizarre.

Please let me know if I can get a crash report from my iPhone.

many thanks.
eliot
Wish I was diving.
nick
Site Admin

Post by nick »

Could you email me the MacDive.sqlite data file so that I can take a look?

See the help for detailed instructions: http://mac-dive.com/help/ios_03_07_fileshare.php

I apologise that you are running in to issues, but I can't do much without some data to look at.

Sincerely
MacDive Support
eliotf

Post by eliotf »

So it seems to be working now.
I didn't do anything differently.

I will attach the file but you will probably not see anything out of the ordinary since it is working properly. I'll keep watching it and if it happens again I'll resend the file.

- eliot
Attachments

[The extension sqlite has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

Wish I was diving.
nick
Site Admin

Post by nick »

Ideally I could look at the crash report and figure out the issue. I've looked online via Apple and I don't really see anything - do you enable submitting diagnostic data to developers? If you do it may just take a day or so to turn up on my end.

If not, I could send you some instructions on how to find crash reports. Better to fix crashes than just hope they go away.