v2.0.0 Status

General MacDive discussion, updates, etc.
Ken
Dive Computer: Shearwater Perdix AI

Re: v2.0.0 Status

Post by Ken »

Yeah, weird about the GEO 2. Nothing on the site makes it look any different from the original.

Btw, hi, Nick. I'm the one who sent you the output stuff from my GEO a while back for testing in MacDive. Looking forward to checking out 2.0!
Ken

Post by Ken »

egon
Dive Computer: Suunto, Oceanic

Post by egon »

It looks like the main changes are the algorithms. The original has 2 gasses, and all the other modes. Possibly some update to the firmware as well.
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Post by nick »

Ken wrote:Yeah, weird about the GEO 2. Nothing on the site makes it look any different from the original.

Btw, hi, Nick. I'm the one who sent you the output stuff from my GEO a while back for testing in MacDive. Looking forward to checking out 2.0!
Hey, yep, I remember - I still use the output regularly :)

Yeah looks like there are some differences with the new GEO. Still investigating.
Ken

Post by Ken »

nick wrote: Yeah looks like there are some differences with the new GEO. Still investigating.
Oh, I man MacDive 2.0! :-)
Mike N
Dive Computer: Suunto D9

Post by Mike N »

I would also be happy to help with a beta. Currently dive with Sunnto D9 and Cobra for backup. My daughter dives with an Oceanic ProPlus 2. I hate using the Windows software and would love to use MacDive for the Oceanic. Anxiously awaiting the new software. 8-)
ivanmlee
Dive Computer: Oceanic OC1

Post by ivanmlee »

Greetings from Singapore! I am currently taking my PADI Rescue Diver and just acquired an Oceanic OC1 Dive Computer with Transmitter. Then I discovered it's a "PC-Interface" - I am a MAC user! Would MacDive work with the OC1? Please help! Thanks! -Ivan
nick
Site Admin

Post by nick »

Greetings also from Singapore :)

The OC1 should work in v2, but it's not currently supported in 1.5.3.

Who do you dive with ?
ivanmlee
Dive Computer: Oceanic OC1

Post by ivanmlee »

Hi Nick, appreciate your prompt response! I dive with SeaHounds based here in Singapore. Would appreciate any headsup as to when v2 would be ready. Since the OC1 is not supported in v1.5.3, I'll wait to download v2, and hope it's soon so I can start using my OC1! (Actually, I should be able to start using the dive computer but just not hook it up to the Mac yeah? That way I don't miss out on logging dives into my dive computer while waiting for v2. Does it work that way?) Thank you again!
nick
Site Admin

Post by nick »

Yep, it works exactly that way. It will take a fair few dives before it matters. So you won't miss out on anything. Version 2 will be announced here, and the RSS on my website (thedoorisajar.org/macdive), but it's a wee way off yet.

What I may do, if I have time, is add OC1 support and release a 1.5.4. But it depends how fast I can get 2.0 finished, as it's a much better application.

But once you get a couple of dives on the OC1, I could send you a test program so you could run it and that would be useful testing data for us.

Sea Hounds, cool - I dive with simply scuba (on river valley road). Enjoy the rescue - I just did mine last year. Guess you'll be doing it up in Tioman ? I think my first trip up for the year will be in a couple of weeks.