iPhone & iPod Touch

Suggestions? Comments? Features you'd like to see?
babelfilm
Dive Computer: Suunto Stinger

iPhone & iPod Touch

Post by babelfilm »

I am probably not the only one that would like an app for iPhone and iPod touch.
Just to have a portable dive log that syncs automatically with my mac.
whitetiger
Dive Computer: Vyper

Re: iPhone & iPod Touch

Post by whitetiger »

For my part, it is a BIG BIG feature taht I need so I can take my dive log with me whitout having to print it or carry COMPUTER.

Maybe you can use the already existent DiveLog software for the iphone
kva
Dive Computer: Uwatec Aladin TEC 2G

Post by kva »

I second that.

iPhone integration would be nice.
A two way sync with the existing DiveLog on the phone would be enough for me.
divepat
Dive Computer: Suunto Gekko

Post by divepat »

Sorry, but now with the new iPad, it's mandatory ! :o)
orentz
Dive Computer: Nemo Wide, ICON HD

Post by orentz »

Hi,
I resolved using an application for iPhone called Dive Log (http://www.moremobilesoftware.com/Dive_Log_Manager.html) for which exist the Mac version for synchronization.
I export the dives with MacDive using format UDCF, import them in Dive Log Manager then I am able to synchronize dives into my iPhone 3GS.

Lorenzo
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Post by nick »

Indeed, for now use DiveLogManager and UDCF.

I've spoken to the developer a few times - I've been promising to add native syncing into macdive for a while now (I'm sure he's mad at me :) ) but I've been too busy with v2. So it's going to come as an update a wee while after v2 is released. I've given him a beta though, so he can hopefully make sure DLM is compatible with the native macdive database, though UDCF will be the same.
azchipka
Dive Computer: Geo V2 / Shearwater

Post by azchipka »

iPad support would be huge for me, but one thing as an instructor having the ability for students to sign logbook pages is essential.
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Post by nick »

I think all of this stuff is in DiveLog iPhone, isn't it ?
gregm
Dive Computer: D9

Post by gregm »

Hi,

I'm the developer of Dive Log for iPhone. I just joined this forum and wanted to address a couple of the questions that were asked on this thread.

First, I'm certainly not "mad" at Nick! Anything but ... Nick has been very helpful making sure that I have the information necessary to do a good job of importing MacDive data into Dive Log on iPhone. I noticed that some people are taking a route through UDCF. While this works, you can get much better data fidelity importing directly from MacDive's database. Dive Log Manager provides this as one of the import options along side UDCF. You can get more details here: http://www.moremobilesoftware.com/Dive_ ... pdate.html

Dive Log on iPhone does support the ability to capture a digital signature. You can have your student scribe their signature right on the iPhone screen.

The current version of Dive Log on iPhone will also run on the iPad in compatibility mode. I do plan to update Dive Log on iPhone to also run natively on the iPad in the near future.

Cheers,

Greg

Greg McLaughlin
More Mobile Software
Worfy
Dive Computer: Suunto Cobra

Post by Worfy »

Hi

i am new to MacDive (and to Mac as OS@home as well). And just imported my Logbook from Windows to MAcDive.
I also started using DiveLog on iPod (still in the process to decide wether i want a iPad or not). So far i have been able to import from MacDive to iPod very nicly, but what about the other way round? I haven´t been able to do that. What i would like to do is:
a) at the diving site capture the basic information, as well as some commentary (might be quite a couple of dives)
b) at home download profile from diving-computer and merge the two dataset for each dive to one, incl. some fotos, etc. (and correct some differences in timecapture (diving-computer is right), pressure etc.)
c) get sync on both sites (iPod, iMac)

Is someone doing that and how? right now i don´t see the way of doing that.

Thanks

Stefan