Make adding site more user friendly

Suggestions? Comments? Features you'd like to see?
jsneveu
Dive Computer: Perdix AI

Make adding site more user friendly

Post by jsneveu »

Hi Nick,
Was just adding a new site and it seems everytime we do so we have to start from a scratch form. Why not allow a contextual "add site":
  • If I'm currently in List View with a Location selected, prefill my "new site" form with Location information so I only have the rest to fill.
  • If I'm in List View with an actual site selected, prefill my "new site" form with all details from currently selected site. Sometimes I have two variations of a site: from shore and from boat. Since it's not the same dive at all, I'd rather create a new site. Yet it's the same location so it would make sense to start with the details of the existing site.
If this is already supported, I could not find it out. Should be made more obvious.

Thanks

js
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Re: Make adding site more user friendly

Post by nick »

To your first point, in list view if you had a country and/or location selected in the column browser then sure it could probably pre-fill those. I will make a note to do that.

To your second, a "Duplicate site" would make more sense to me than this. It seems like a bit of an edge case in how you personally want to log it. To me, whether you dive a site by shore or boat, it's the same site. The actual dive already has an Entry Type field which describes how you entered that particular dive/site, separate to the "site" itself.