Support for Garmin Descent MK2i

Suggestions? Comments? Features you'd like to see?
Kissnofrog
Dive Computer: Garmin Descent MK2i

Support for Garmin Descent MK2i

Post by Kissnofrog »

Hi,

Would be really great if you could add support to the Garmin Dive Computers with direct bluetooth upload.
I‘ve been using the Suunto D5 so far and really loved that feature.

The workaround via the HIT files is ok but it is just a workaround.
Additionally not being able to mount the Garmin as a file system on a Mac and having to go through the Garmin connect web interface would force me away from MacDive if I did not have over 500 dives already in MacDive.

Would be really great…..

thanks,
David
fintr

Re: Support for Garmin Descent MK2i

Post by fintr »

a BIG thumb for the request.

I'm a newbie and still looking for a best logbook for my use. I have already tested DiveMate (nice, but not working with iPhone), Suunto (Garmin with Suunto :lol: ), Subsurface (iphone interface isn't the best) and Garmin Dive (really nice for making quick checks after the dive, but its Garmin and it is shitty as primary logbook). As I see MacDive seems perfect if it just could automatically sync all data from the Garmin Dive.

-FinTR-
Garmin Descent MK2i (Primary)
Suunto Cobra (Secondary/Back-up)
goofysgb
Dive Computer: Garmin Mk2i

Post by goofysgb »

I see the MacDive can import FOT files but doesn’t transfer over Name or location. Is this something that will be supported in the near future. Garmin did great with now supporting offline logs. But really like MacDive and the additional features. Would just be nice everything transferred over cleanly with out having to go back and copy and paste.
LittleDJ

Post by LittleDJ »

+1 for another wanting to see Garmin Descent integration. With it soon to be my main "holiday" computer/back up I'd love to not have to faff about with FIT files that it fails to then import all data from and see the ability to use it direct via bluetooth.
RodFreeman
Dive Computer: Garmin Descent Mk2

Post by RodFreeman »

I’m having problems importing .fit files into MacDive. I don’t have access to a MacBook, so have to do it via iOS. So I can’t drag and drop, I have to use the import function in MacDive. I’ve exported the “.fit” files from Garmin Express, but MacDive is not recognising the “.fit” files (they are greyed out when I search for them via MacDive). Any solutions MacDive? This whole inability to properly support the long-popular Garmin devices is very frustrating, and has me looking for an alternative solution for logging my dives. Please help!
Kissnofrog

Post by Kissnofrog »

Importing fit files works perfectly for me.
Are you sure you are looking at the fit files? When you export them Von Garmin you first get Zip which you need to extract to get the fit that you can import!