CCR scrubber use

Suggestions? Comments? Features you'd like to see?
Jean-Francois
Dive Computer: Perdix

CCR scrubber use

Post by Jean-Francois »

Hello Nick,

I'd like to know if it's possible to move the scrub. before and scrub. after fields on the Ios Mac Dive.
For now it's under the 3rd tab (the double tank icon), Dive computer, then I need to press edit to access the information. I find this a bit tedious.

I would move those 2 fields on the Dive Computer tab at the bottom. There is already a CCR header with the scrubber Brand/type and it looks like there is some room below to add the scrub. before and after fields.

Thank you
IMG_5491.PNG
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Re: CCR scrubber use

Post by nick »

You should only need to press edit to actually add something. Once it has a value it should show up under the brand/type?
Jean-Francois

Post by Jean-Francois »

nick wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:58 am You should only need to press edit to actually add something. Once it has a value it should show up under the brand/type?
That's what I would like.
Right now it only shows the Brand/type field and not the scrub before and scrub after. Here are the screenshots when I edit and when it has been edited.
IMG_5494.PNG
IMG_5491.PNG
Note : maybe we don't even need to have 2 fields for the scrubber usage now that I think about it. The only value that's useful is the scrub after value. That's the one one would use to know if the sorb needs to be changed or not. So maybe it would be an idea to only have 1 field for scrubber usage and 1 filed for the brand/type. (that would work for both the iOS and MacOS version)
What do you guys think ?
nick
Site Admin

Post by nick »

Ok. The problem here is that iOS uses a different format (hh:mm), versus your "mm'". It does not detect valid data so it doesn't show those fields, as it hides "empty" fields. When you tap edit it's showing the "raw" value instead of the formatted string it's expecting. You'll notice if you go to edit it it's actually a time spinner for hours and minutes, not just a plain string field.

The simple thing is to make it a plain string and you type what you want, removing the logic for detecting whether there's something valid, and removing the spinner, which is obviously not the way you want to enter that data. I don't use this field so I don't really care. If that sounds fine I'll just do that.
Jean-Francois

Post by Jean-Francois »

Thanks for the reply Nick.

As I always download my dives with an iMac, I’ve never seen those spinner. So I went for the easy way and use the diving time which is shown in minutes.

What do other CCR diver think ? Should we keep the field as is and I change the way I enter my scrubber use or should we make those fields plain strings ? Or even just have 1 field for scrubber use instead of 2 ?
I wouldn’t want to make a decision that impacts other divers without them having their say on the matter.

N.B: I’ve tried to download my dive directly to my iPhone but I failed miserably.
nick
Site Admin

Post by nick »

Not sure I've encountered anyone else directly that uses this, so I can't speak to it. I am happy to change it to just text.. you could still write "00:30" in if you wanted.

Downloading directly, what's your issue? If you are having trouble there drop me an email and we can take a look.
Jean-Francois

Post by Jean-Francois »

nick wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 5:26 am Not sure I've encountered anyone else directly that uses this, so I can't speak to it. I am happy to change it to just text.. you could still write "00:30" in if you wanted.
If it's ok with the others and if it's not too much of a hassle to change it, I would love it to be a straight text field. I would even go as far as removing the "scrub before" field because it's redundant with the "scrub after" from the previous dive. So maybe having just 1 field called "scrub. usage" could make more sense.
nick wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 5:26 am Downloading directly, what's your issue? If you are having trouble there drop me an email and we can take a look.
I think I worked it out. And please don't aske me what I did the first few tries or I'll embarrass myself :)
nick
Site Admin

Post by nick »

Hah. Glad you got it sorted, ping me via email if there's something unintuitive/silly you want me to address.

I have made this change - it's now plain strings, your values should show up and you can edit whatever you like as a string. I will upload a new beta to the App Store, feel free to drop me a line if you want a link to try it out.
Jean-Francois

Post by Jean-Francois »

I was able to download a dive today on my phone directly from my shearwater. It was much simpler than I thought. I still prefer to go via my wife's iMac because it's easier to edit the various fields.

Fun fact : I've just realized that on my iPad, those fields were plain text :)

Have you considered having only 2 fields out the 3 we have now for CCR ? We have Scrub before, Scrub after and Scrubber Brand/type. And we would be changing to Scrub usage and Scrubber Brand/type.
The more I thought about it, the more it made sense as 1) the important value is the scrubb after, to know whether you need to change your sorb or not before your next dive and 2) the scrub before is redundant with the scrub after from the previous dive therefore making it useless. That would be great to have it for the iOS MacDive and the Mac MacDive. I don't know if it's a difficult/time consuming change. If it is, I can perfectly live with what we have now. After all, it has worked flawlessly for the past 3+ years.

And my last thought, would it be possible to have either the new scrub usage or the scrub after field displayed on the bar below the graph ? That would be a perfect place to check the usage and know whether to change it or not.

Thanks a lot.
InkedImage 04.05.21 à 15.32_LI.jpg