SSI App QR Code

Suggestions? Comments? Features you'd like to see?
otherguy
Dive Computer: Suunto D4i Novo

SSI App QR Code

Post by otherguy »

I also like to track my dives in the SSI log (for certifications) but obviously MacDive is my primary log. It would be great if MacDive could generate an SSI compatible QR code, so that I can just scan the code with the SSI app.

The QR format is super simple. Here's an example, converted to text format:

Code: Select all

dive;noid;dive_type:0;datetime:201907211000;divetime:38;depth_m:
12.8;site:119506;var_weather_id:1;var_entry_id:22;var_water_body
_id:13;var_watertype_id:5;var_current_id:8;var_surface_id:11;var
_divetype_id:24;user_master_id:1722281;user_firstname:Joe;
user_lastname:Diver;user_leader_id:;watertemp_c:30;airtemp_c:36;v
is_m:105
If you consider the feature, I can give you a full list of all values (var_surface_id etc.). They can also be left out completely for fields where MacDive has free text entry instead of dropdowns or where nothing was entered.
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Re: SSI App QR Code

Post by nick »

I already responded to your email from a couple of days ago. The tl;dr is that I probably won't look in to this for now, sorry, unless there is a large demand for it.
otherguy

Post by otherguy »

Huh, interesting. I'm not aware of having sent an email to you. Perhaps it was somebody else?

I did actually write a small Python application in the meantime that creates such a QR code from an XML export of MacDive. I'll clean it up and put it on GitHub. This is enough for my needs and perhaps somebody else finds it useful too.
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Post by nick »

Must have been - my apologies. It came in around the same time. Well, that's two people at least. :D

Generating the QR code itself is trivial, but the user ids and things complicate matters. If it was good enough to generate a code without the user id or site id and potentially just have a list of divetype, weather, etc, then it's probably not that much work to throw up a basic image view with a code in it. I am not familiar with the SSI app or how it works, so I'm not sure if that would be useful. If it was, then I guess send me a list of the values that MacDive could feasibly translate.
otherguy

Post by otherguy »

nick wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 5:37 am Generating the QR code itself is trivial, but the user ids and things complicate matters. If it was good enough to generate a code without the user id or site id and potentially just have a list of divetype, weather, etc, then it's probably not that much work to throw up a basic image view with a code in it.
That's what my app is doing now. Seems to be enough and still greatly simplifies data entry.
nick wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 5:37 am I am not familiar with the SSI app or how it works, ...
Oh it's a horrible piece of code. Unfortunately, they use the in-app divelog as prerequisite for some courses, so I'm forced to use it.

Like I said, I will polish my application, share it on GitHub and post a link here.
timo
Dive Computer: Scubapro Aladin ONE

Post by timo »

YES, would love to have this one too. Would make it so much easier. Not a must have, but a huge benefit.
timo
Dive Computer: Scubapro Aladin ONE

Post by timo »

otherguy wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 3:51 pm Like I said, I will polish my application, share it on GitHub and post a link here.
have you putted it to GitHub already. Would be at least a first step for me as well.
nathanrader
Dive Computer: Shearwater

Post by nathanrader »

I too would appreciate this feature or at least the link to Git Repo
higgalls
Dive Computer: Suunto d6i

Post by higgalls »

Is there any progress on this? A QR code for the SSI App would be amazing.
Thanks.
jan
Dive Computer: Shearwater

Post by jan »

I would appreciate this feature as well!