Tracking service history

Suggestions? Comments? Features you'd like to see?
Amog
Dive Computer: Shearwater JJ-CCR

Tracking service history

Post by Amog »

Hey.

I use the service-history quite extensibly for my dive gear, especially my rebreather, where I track every sort of service done (change of O2-cells, batteries, any other equipment, O-rings etc).

While I don't have many very specific ways to improve it right now, I feel it's a little cumbersome. I haven't really been using it on my desktop so can't say for that, but at least on the Iphone.

Some things I would like:

- It's a little hard to add a new service entry (need to go to "EDIT" and scroll to the very bottom to find it), maybe just a "+" at the top?

- The text-field is a bit to small, just a single line. So to see previous entries, I need to enter "EDIT" and move the cursor to move the text if it's larger than the visible field. Maybe make it dynamically expandable depending on the amount of text, or just have a static but larger field?

- There is now just a "next service" field. I would like to either have multiple fields, and/or have some text added to it. For example, on the rebreather there are 1.stages, O2-cells, rubber-valves, hoses, points of lubrication etc. So the ability to either add a textfield to clarify what the next service is, or the best, to have multiple "next service" dates for each servicepoint.

Just a few thoughts! :) Thanks
ssimps
Dive Computer: Gekko

Re: Tracking service history

Post by ssimps »

Hi,
Agree with this, as an open circuit diver I would love the ability to ‘add’ an extra service field. This way we can record a next service field for visual/hydro inspection and also one for O2 cleaning due on Nitrox cylinders.
Amog
Dive Computer: Shearwater JJ-CCR

Post by Amog »

Hey Nick, sorry to bump the thread, but do you think any of this is achiveable, or something you see any reason to change?

Kind regards, Arne :)
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Post by nick »

Sure, it's reasonable, and certainly achievable. I can't promise you an ETA though.