Critters Enhancements

Suggestions? Comments? Features you'd like to see?
freemass
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Critters Enhancements

Post by freemass »

I thought of a couple enhancements that would be nice to haves for critters

1. Allow for the ability to add and label multiple photos directly to the critter, not necessarily to a dive and tagged. This would allow the user to highlight Adult, Sub-Adult, Juvenile, etc. for each critter.

2. Sub-Categories. It would help with organization to have an additional layer of classification, especially for those that photograph and track corals. It would be badass if corals had their own library to track size, health, and sightings, but sub-categories would be great help in the critters library.

Thanks again Nick! Keep up the awesome work!!

PS - totally agree with you, Ænima is the best 🤘🏼finding that made my day.
nick
Site Admin

Re: Critters Enhancements

Post by nick »

freemass wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 11:04 pm 1. Allow for the ability to add and label multiple photos directly to the critter, not necessarily to a dive and tagged. This would allow the user to highlight Adult, Sub-Adult, Juvenile, etc. for each critter.
By this, do you mean that you go to Critters and just add random photos there, that weren't necessarily taken on a dive or something?
2. Sub-Categories. It would help with organization to have an additional layer of classification, especially for those that photograph and track corals. It would be badass if corals had their own library to track size, health, and sightings, but sub-categories would be great help in the critters library.
I could potentially add this, but will have to wait till I do a database refresh. I've added a note to the list of stuff I have to do for that.
PS - totally agree with you, Ænima is the best 🤘🏼finding that made my day.
:D Please don't be too disturbed when the new update comes out (it now picks randomly between all the albums..). 51 days till I see them over here!
freemass

Post by freemass »

freemass wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 11:04 pm 1. Allow for the ability to add and label multiple photos directly to the critter, not necessarily to a dive and tagged. This would allow the user to highlight Adult, Sub-Adult, Juvenile, etc. for each critter.
nick wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:32 am By this, do you mean that you go to Critters and just add random photos there, that weren't necessarily taken on a dive or something?
Yes, photos that aren't associated with a dive.
freemass wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 11:04 pm 2. Sub-Categories. It would help with organization to have an additional layer of classification, especially for those that photograph and track corals. It would be badass if corals had their own library to track size, health, and sightings, but sub-categories would be great help in the critters library.
nick wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:32 am I could potentially add this, but will have to wait till I do a database refresh. I've added a note to the list of stuff I have to do for that.
Sounds good, let me know if you need a tester.
freemass wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 11:04 pm PS - totally agree with you, Ænima is the best 🤘🏼finding that made my day.
nick wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:32 am :D Please don't be too disturbed when the new update comes out (it now picks randomly between all the albums..). 51 days till I see them over here!
Haha, there isn't a bad album amongst them all. Saw them twice on this tour.. mind blowing. Hope you have a great time!
nick
Site Admin

Post by nick »

Yes, photos that aren't associated with a dive.
Cool, thanks for clarifying. There are outstanding requests to allow more than one photo for sites and gear also. All of that also requires database changes - I know I keep using this as an excuse, it's more just that it is a very large undertaking, particularly with cloud syncing involved. I'll get to it.
Haha, there isn't a bad album amongst them all. Saw them twice on this tour.. mind blowing. Hope you have a great time!
Awesome! We're going to both days here :)
espenmoe
Dive Computer: Suunto Eon Steel

Post by espenmoe »

I'll sign up for testing on sub-critters as well.