Adding a dedicated Photo Field for Signature Areas

Suggestions? Comments? Features you'd like to see?
moodog
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Adding a dedicated Photo Field for Signature Areas

Post by moodog »

Hi, I saw a post about adding a photo of signatures for old dives from log books and that is fine.

I was just thinking a little more about this, what if we could have a dedicated photo field where there are signatures as well and maybe show on log reports.

My actual main concern or 'want' is something like that on at least the Divemaster/Instructor panels in both the Desktop and IOS app. A lot of Divemaster/Instructors/Operators have stamps with their name and numbers on them. then we could just get them to stamp some paper and take a photo along with digital capture if we wish. or add image file from computer or photo library.

Just thinking out load :D

Thanks for all your hard work on this its truly a great well rounded product.

Rich
macdive_photofile.png
nick
Site Admin

Re: Adding a dedicated Photo Field for Signature Areas

Post by nick »

Never say never, but I won't be rushing to do this. I'd rather not maintain two separate ways to manage signatures, and you can already use the existing photos field to add extra photos if you want to. I will add a note to potentially look in to it at some point, but no promises.

Bonus points for the mockup :)
regisbl
Dive Computer: suunto d5

Post by regisbl »

I love the idea to keep stamp and signature of a dive center and DM in the app. it's still the reason I keep a paper divelog, for my collection of stamps :)
The photo you would take of the stamp will go in a different place than the normal photo field, for the stamps not to be mixed amid barracudas and rabbitfish.
moodog

Post by moodog »

Understand... and your openness to potentially check it out and consider it is greatly appreciated.

Thanks much...