Unique sort for Smart Logs

Suggestions? Comments? Features you'd like to see?
jarold
Dive Computer: Mares Puck Pro

Unique sort for Smart Logs

Post by jarold »

Having set up Smart Logs for 'Deepest', 'Coldest','Warmest', 'Nitrox', 'Photos','Best' I thought I'd go in & sort Deepest by Depth which gave me what I wanted but I didn't realise all the Smart Logs would then be sorted by depth.

My suggestion is
- increase the fields Smart Logs can be sorted on (adding Temperature (Ascending/Descending), Nitrox % (A/D), Photos (#), Best (Stars))
- allowing each Smart Log to have its own sort order

Cheers
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Re: Unique sort for Smart Logs

Post by nick »

- increase the fields Smart Logs can be sorted on (adding Temperature (Ascending/Descending), Nitrox % (A/D), Photos (#), Best (Stars))
Do you just mean in the table? If so, you can already sort on all of that. Just click on the table column headers for those columns. You can sort on anything in the table.
- allowing each Smart Log to have its own sort order
It's an interesting idea. No promises, but I will think about it.
jarold

Post by jarold »

Thanks for the quick reply Nick; with respect to the sorting of Smart Logs I meant in the iOS app (Duration (Longest/Shortest) would be another obvious one to add)
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Post by nick »

Oh, right.

I have already made some improvements/changes to what is here for the next release, some stuff I found useful while I was just away diving. We'll see what that brings you.
jarold

Post by jarold »

Hi Nick,

Great work on the latest iOS release with respect to the ability to sort dives by duration, max depth & rating & the ability to display either max depth, duration or rating as additional info

A further enhancement to the additional info display would be to show max depth, duration & rating in the list (I think there's room after time) & highlight the value that the list is sorted on (bold or blue or something). It can sometimes be confusing to not obviously see what the list is sorted on without additionally having to go in & change the additional info display to show it

I would of course still like to see the option to sort by temperature (so my Coldest & Warmest smart logs are ordered) & for sorts to be applicable to specific smart logs not global :-)

but for now this is great - - I know, some people are never happy!