Bluetooth Sync ?

Suggestions? Comments? Features you'd like to see?
coreilly54
Dive Computer: Aries XR2

Bluetooth Sync ?

Post by coreilly54 »

Any chances that the ability to use Bluetooth for Sync is on the agenda ?

I think it might be a easier alternative to public WiFi. I just had an issue trying to use the WiFi in a hotel where I could not get it to work. At least part of the problem was that my Mac Book got an address on one segment and my iPhone on another so they could not see each other since they where not in the same broadcast domain. I did not take the time to try manually adding routes since their method of authenticating was not particularly Mac friendly if you didn't log in with Facebook.

Thanks,

Chris O
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Re: Bluetooth Sync ?

Post by nick »

Hi there,

That's a cool idea. Unfortunately I can't promise you anything as it's not just me or MacDive that would be involved in doing it, but I can certainly investigate and see whether it can be done!

Edit: The interim workaround is to just set up a private wifi network, which works quite well to get around this.
mruseless
Dive Computer: Shearwater Petrel

Post by mruseless »

Any movement on this? I use MacDive on my iPhone so I can use the GPS tracking, but it would be great to be able to sync to my Macbook for entering details.
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Post by nick »

You can sync, just not with Bluetooth. You need to go through either iCloud or Dropbox for that.
mruseless
Dive Computer: Shearwater Petrel

Post by mruseless »

Yeah, that's how I do it now, but it would be a big help to be able to sync them during a liveaboard trip when there's no internet (which is usually the whole trip).