MacDive For iPad

Suggestions? Comments? Features you'd like to see?
iPad
Dive Computer: Atomic Aquatics Coba

MacDive For iPad

Post by iPad »

I've got an Atomic Aquatics Cobalt, I'm currently using scubabase. I don't have a Mac computer but do have an iPhone 4s and iPad 2. Please make MacDive compatible with the iPad! I'd like it to be as close to the real deal and not some watered down Divelog app! Please I have faith!
MJM
Dive Computer: Oceanic Pro Plus 2.1

Re: MacDive For iPad

Post by MJM »

Please bring a MacDive app to the iPad ASAP. MacDive is great software but it only runs on a Mac (desktop or laptop). It's safe to say none of us lug our desktop Macs on dive expeditions. A few (very few) may take a laptop. iPads are the ideal technology travel accessory supporting email, web browsing, FaceTime, Skype, tides, weather, maps, banking, travel, and a zillion other apps. What's lacking is an app (MacDive!!!) that allows one to connect our dive computers to when we surface (on the boat, back at the dock, or in our hotel) and examine there records of our day's dives. Waiting until we get home is interesting but of little immediate value.

This shouldn't be hard. Photo files can be transferred from cameras to iPads, so why not files from a dive computer to an iPad? Apple sells an iPad USB adapter so the physical connection exists. All that's needed is an app that takes those files and formats them for display.

Please make this a priority! I'm headed back to Palau later this year.

All the best,
Mike
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Post by nick »

Yeah, it's not quite that simple, unfortunately.
Luv2Dive
Dive Computer: Cobalt & OC1

Post by Luv2Dive »

+1 support!

I head out from Dallas to the GBR for a live a board in May. Will not be lugging my MBP with me but will have my iPad. I have a Cobalt (awesome piece of dive tech) and an OC1 LE. I would be ecstatic to have the ability to sync either computer on my iPad... Which means I would pay for the capability. I have to believe there are many others like me that would not blink an eye to pay for a MacDive like iPad app if it supported dive computer data transfers. I understand its not "simple" put surely its not rocket science either to accomplish? :). And yes the iPad is the perfect Dive trip companion!

T.
honigferd
Dive Computer: D6, VyperAir, F10 V2

Post by honigferd »

I don't really mind using DiveLog for that.

A clean sync and a way to import from computers on mobile devices would be quite the feat though, as it would save the hassle of taking a laptop everywhere.

Unfortunately it's not as easy as just using Apple's USB-adapter, plugging your cables in and go, Apple are very strict about the way USB connections and peripherals are used. :-(

One may dream though...
Twitter - Web
CMAS** scuba diver / CMAS*** free diver
holg
Dive Computer: Suunto D4

Post by holg »

I love Mac Dive and I work at a company that develops apps: www.cybob.com. If I can help you with some questions regarding iOS or android development let me know – but in fact it is not easy and a different kind of programming.

I would like to see Mac Dive in the App Store (Mac OS) – are there any plans?

Keep on with your good work.

Holger