Several gas mix

Suggestions? Comments? Features you'd like to see?
Bene
Dive Computer: Helo2, Vyper

Several gas mix

Post by Bene »

Hi,
I just discovered Macdive and I really like it. At the moment I only imported my dives from my old PC and it looks really user friendly.

i am missing though one functionality that I used to monitor my SAC: being able to key in several cylinders and gas consumption on one dive. Is it in your development plan for v2?

At the moment I use Helo2 and Vyper, both mostly on gauge mode.
Thanks,
Bene
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Re: Several gas mix

Post by nick »

Hey,

Yeah, I'm just thinking about how to handle this at the moment.

Have you done any dives on your helO2 with multiple tanks/gas switches ? Or are they all in gauge?
Bene
Dive Computer: Helo2, Vyper

Post by Bene »

Hi Nick,

Yes I have with 2 gases when I started using it, and I will probably do more next week. Would you like me to provide you with some data?
Benedicte
nick
Site Admin

Post by nick »

Don't know if I ever replied to you on this.. yes, the data would be great if you could.
Chris 413
Dive Computer: Suunto HelO2

Post by Chris 413 »

A couple things I would love to see in 2.0.
First is with the gas switch being able to edit pressures and tank sizes.

Can you add the tissue saturations or is that registered to Suunto. That is about the only thing I really miss from the SUUNTO software. Other than that I think MacDive is much more user friendly.
nick
Site Admin

Post by nick »

Well you should see the new macdive.. :)

Several gas mixes - I was toying with this, and I have some very cool ideas for implementing it, but in the end I've had to cut it in order to try and get 2.0.0 finished and ready. This is high up on my list for 2.1 though, so bear with me for the meantime.

As for the tissue saturation graph, I'm not sure what their algorithm is. I don't think they would be happy about it as their one is proprietary. And even if I did, it would be different to the other devices (oceanic, mares etc) so probably it would be better to implement something generic. But I'm afraid I'm not familiar enough with the models to do that yet. Perhaps once I hit that section in my divemaster manual? :)
azchipka
Dive Computer: Geo V2 / Shearwater

Post by azchipka »

The new Oceanic Geo2 and OC1 both also support gas switching during the dive. I second the need for support on this.
nick
Site Admin

Post by nick »

Need more data!