Dives disappearing from log, and now I can't download them

Problems ? Get help here!
Craine
Dive Computer: Oceanic Veo 180

Dives disappearing from log, and now I can't download them

Post by Craine »

So I'm on a dive vacation, and I sit down every night to do my logs. I did my downloads from Monday (8/1) and I put all my data into MacDive. Now today when I went into MacDive to downoad my dives from today, they were not numbered right. When I looked, both dives from Monday were missing. They are still showing on my computer, but I cannot download them, even after unchecking "Download new dives only" in preferences. As much as I like the program, this is really frustrating for me to just "lose" dives. Has anyone else seen this before?

Craine

PS - I tried using the "MacDive.sqlite.backup" file, but it didn't contain the first 5 dives from this week. It's as if the backup doesn't get updated except for when you delete it manually, and it recreates itself.
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Re: Dives disappearing from log, and now I can't download th

Post by nick »

That backup file is created when you first launch MacDive 2, as a backup of your existing (typically 1.x) data. It is not a backup for you. If you want your data versioned or backed up, use time machine or something else. This was just a safety precaution and is not maintained, as its purpose is only to allow downgrading to 1.5.3.

As for your actual problems, first, it's hard to say what is wrong without more information - this is a little vague. Perhaps email me your MacDive.sqlite file and explain with as much detail as possible what you expect, and what is there.

Data doesn't just go missing. As for the dive numbers, it's impossible to say. You need to be more specific about what you are seeing and what you are expecting. Again please email me your data and explain it thoroughly and I'll take a look.

edit: I'm assuming you understand the difference between repetitive dive number and overall dive number. That's the most likely reason you think the dive numbers are wrong.